“A 2 star hotel value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto, Canada
“A 2 star hotel value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent three nights here. Thought I was going to be getting a really good deal. But once when I arrived and got to the room I was unimpressed. I have stayed at lower star hotels and had a bigger room and bathroom. I felt as though a two star hotel would have had the same effect. There was not even a mini fridge in the room. I also heard lots of noise in the hallways in the morning. Also when looking for the pop machines they were all sold out. However the sleep number on the bed worked very nicely and the pillows were great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson we deeply apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at the hotel. We appreciate the feedback about the room.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me any time.

Darryll Hunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Ottawa Radisson on the last weekend of Winterlude. The city was very busy and the hotel was jammed. It served the purpose we needed....just a place to rest our head. We arrived at the hotel about 3:00pm on Saturday afternoon and check-in was swift and efficient....less than 5 minutes. The room was a good size for 2 of us and was very clean. We weren't a big fan of the sleep number bed, but it was ok for 2 nights. I would recommed this hotel to anyone wanting to stay close to Parliament and if you're staying in Ottawa for a few days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the feedback.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

CAMBRIDGE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We are currently staying at this hotel for the second time. We had a great stay this past summer. They put us in a room the size of a postage stamp. We arrived for 3 nights with 2 large suitcases and a cooler with no where to put them. I called guest services immediately saying when we were staying here a few months ago we had a much larger room with a king size bed. He said how many are there of you; I said 2; he said well you have a queen size bed that is enough and besides he almost put us in the same type of room but facing a building. I guess he assumed our current room overlooking a parking lot is a "room with a view"! The room is claustrophobic. The pillows are uncomfortable. I cannot get the sleep number bed to work right and the traffic noise and the doors slamming very early in the morning makes this no longer my favourite hotel in Ottawa. We have 2 more nights here; hope to keep my sanity. So much for Radisson's 100% guest satisfaction guarantee. Re-train your guest services not to be so condescending.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher than the 4th floor and unless you are traveling solo ask for a king or 2 queen...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for the Review. On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at the hotel in regards to the room and the customer service. We do take pride in our service and I deeply apologize that we failed in that regard. I will be addressing the issue asap, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation will not occur again in the future.
Again I do deeply apologize. I appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. I welcome for you to contact me thus allowing us to provide you the 100% satisfaction gurantee you deserve.

Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent a week here while in Ottawa for work. The rooms are fairly up to date, but have a few rough patches. Below I've tried to make some notes on what I liked and disliked.

Like:
-Cool and comfy sleep number bed
-ok Internet
-friendly staff
-the restaurant on site was pretty good

Dislike
-the location was at the extreme edge of downtown and was a bit isolated
-I found it a bit noisy as I could hear all the comings and goings in the hall
-the furniture wasn't comfortable and was showing wear

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I honestly do appreciate your feedback.

The location of the hotel is tough a one for me to try and fix, but I feel it's a good location close enough to down town, but without all the traffic noise. I do apologize for the noise in the halls. As for the furniture we are upgrading our furniture in the next few months.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was great to stay at for a weekend with friends. It's conveniently located close to Parliament Hill.

The beds were very comfortable and rooms were clean. However they were a little noisy in the morning and we could hear almost everyone who walked by in the hallway outside.

We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant which was the best breakfast dining experience I have had in a very long time. Lots of healthy options available. Their omlettes are fantastic. Everyone in my group (4) loved their breakfast. I highly recommend staying at the hotel for breakfast. I would come back to just the restaurant if I'm in the area.

The parking garage underground is in need of some major repair. There were massive potholes in the cement surface, some a metre wide! We could see exposed rebar sticking out of the cement in some places. Be careful of the big potholes and crumbling cement.

• Stayed February 2013
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review for The Ottawa Radisson. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We are having the parking done in the summer and all will be like new.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I almost drove past it, it is quite small. It was easy to find the parking at this hotel. I find some hotels have parking lots that are out of the way, or not indicated very well. Underground and secure.

Check in was quick and friendly.

Rooms were kept at a nice temperature. I was able to adjust it easily. There were no extra blankets so I am thankful for this. It remained warm during the duration of my stay (I set it that way, I enjoy the heat). Sleep number bed was again, fantastic. Very comfortable.

The rooms are quite noisy. I could hear someone blowing their nose in the room next to mine. The toilet would make loud water/dripping noises. However, it didnt affect my sleep. As long as people are respectful I doubt you will have any complaints.

This hotel is close to parliament and the market area of Ottawa where there are some very nice restaurants, lounges, bars and shops.

This is a pretty standard hotel if you are looking for a quick place to rest your head. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Darryll H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review for The Ottawa Radisson Parliament Hill. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We are working on a improvement plan for our guest rooms and more.

Khartoum, Sudan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We loved Radisson because of the excellent service the staff provided as well as all the amenities. They have free printing in the lobby (we were able to print all our train and plane tickets), Wifi,free local calls and the location is quite central.

The staff was very polite and quite helpful.The staff even helped us with our laundry. I would say that value for money, Radisson in Parliament Hill is definitely one of our favorite smaller hotels.We're definitely staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill

Been to Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill? Share your experiences!