“Great Location and friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Ottawa Hotel

You added Sheraton Ottawa Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G2, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mississauga
“Great Location and friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location of this hotel is great. A short walking distance from some of the tourist sites in Ottawa.

The rooms were clean and a good size. However, the view wasn't great since my room looked directly into the office building next door. That's to be expected based on the hotel's location.

There is a small mall across the street, where you can purchase small items, fast food meals and your alcohol.

The hotel restaurant was a bit pricey for what was on the menu but there are many other restaurants a short walk away.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to an ice machine, stay on an even numbered floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sao Paulo, Brasil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a very good, standard, Sheraton hotel. Big room, very clean, big TV and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever seen. The location is very good, near all major city spots. Unfortunately the sleep quality is not good: Very noisy street, poor blackout curtains and thin walls that make you hear your neighbors

Room Tip: Pick a room withou a view to the street to get lower noise levels
Green Features: Green initiative that gives you five bucks for each time you decline housekeeping.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel on the Easter weekend. We were very impressed with the employees and the accommodations. Everyone was knowledgeable and friendly. The room was immaculately clean, large and very comfortable. We've rarely slept so well on a hotel bed! The breakfast buffet was 2nd to none - fresh, hot and full of delicious and nutritious choices. We would stay here again in a heart beat! We've paid twice the price at another hotel and not been as happy - we highly recommend this hotel :)
Note: Parking is 25.00 a night - but free if you find a space on the street (which we did). The buffet breakfast is costly - 20.00 per person - but worth every penny if you want to treat yourself - yummy, yummy, yummy.(We received two free buffet breakfasts as we are CAA members)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level - sometimes you can hear the traffic.
Green Features: If you don't require housekeeping services, they give you a $5.00 voucher for a local restaurant for each day you don't need it :) Interesting incentive….
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Logan Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent 3 nights at the Sherton. The room was huge, and recently renovated. Very clean, housekeeping was good. I took a few of my "off hours" to walk to "The Hill", and photograh parliament. A young lad spotted my camera & asked me if I knew where I was headed. When I said not really, but told him my goal, he very kindly gave me quick directions for a simple tour to include the War Memorial and Parliamnet (both only 3 or so blocks away). Very kind of him.

All the staff were friendly, even when, at 1:15am, they had to empty all 17 floors into the streets after some idiot smoked in the stairwell, triggering the fire alarm! (Responce time from the Ottawa fire department was excelelnt, btw, with 3 trucks there in just minutes!)

I did not take my laptop on this short but busy trip. However, the hotel provides a sereis of comuters near the elevators, which are free to use for registered guests. A nice touch and a fast internet connection.

Would I stay there again? Absolutely!

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for a week to attend a course that was just across the street in the World Exchange Building. Very convenient.

The room:
The room was nice and modern, nice TV, bed was comfy. Lots of pillows. I heard no noise but be warn if you are on the street side and a lower level floor. I know colleagues asked to be moved.

I asked for a fridge and they told me it would be a 10 dollar a night charge.

Room service:
I ordered room service once. It was prompt. Came on a cart so you could actually use it as a table and sit and watch TV while eating. I had the burger. Delicious.

Reception area

It's rather small and sometimes had a strong smell of food coming from the restaurant.

Wifi

There was free wifi but I found it rather slow. You can pay and upgrade for better.

Facilities:

I did not have the time to enjoy the facilities, gym or pool.

I would stay here again if it was convenient to where I was going.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Carleton Place, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are a family of 4. We stayed at the for four days at The Sheraton Ottawa on Albert St.
We had a amazing time. Our room was so big.Our Unit was clean. Everyday our room was super clean. The meals were awesome. The staff was so friendly and kind and so helpful.
We travel often and I can firmly say this was the cleanest and most friendly hotel we have ever stayed in.
I would recommend The Sheraton Ottawa to anyone. Thank You

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the Ottawa Sheraton excellent Hotel very centrally located walking distance to all major attraction and also restaurants service is excellent.The service is excellent friendly and warm welcoming.

Room Tip: High floor and all rooms are excellent well decorated clean and very comfortable the beds are amazin...
Green Features: not sure I did not do my research all I know they do recycle
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
SheratonOttawa, General Manager at Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello RMorisse,

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments with other on your experienced stay with us.

We hope to have our friendly and warm associates connect with you again on your next visit to Ottawa.

Warm Regards,

Rob Roy

Been to Sheraton Ottawa Hotel? Share your experiences!