“hockey tournament” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Ottawa

You added Novotel Ottawa to your Saves list
Novotel Ottawa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Nicholas Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9M7, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get our Winter offer!
Ranked #31 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
St. John's, Canada
“hockey tournament”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I travelled to Ottawa with our Atom B hockey team. The hotel itself was beautiful, and very modern. When we checked into the room, we found that it hadn't been cleaned from the previous people. To make up for it they gave us free parking for our weekend stay. The key cards they gave to us had only been registered for 1 night when we checked in for 2, and they couldnt find our pre paid breakfast reservations. Once I showed them the printout, they realized they had even overcharged us over $60.00!! Good thing that the hotel was beautiful, and they were very apologetic!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed there 2 nights during the Winterlude celebrations, the place is clean, but the buffet breakfast was not very good, despite the extensive selection, everything was either over cooked, or simply tasted like it was freezer burnt. I would suggest to go outside to have breakfast to a place like "Chez Cora".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overall, I was satisfied with the hotel, check-in was easy, room was clean, staff was friendly. However there are a few things that, in my opinion, were very poor.
1. I had ordered the breakfast option with my room and had prepaid for the option. When i asked at the check-in for some details about how it works, and where it is, I was told that I did not have that option. (even though I had prepaid 30$ for this) I actually had to show them print out of my charges to prove that the breakfast option was included..
2. On th website, it was stated that check out time was 5pm on sundays (complimentary) Seems the staff was unaware of this policy since they told me I was chardged half a days charge for checking out late... I had to wait for them to sort it out with managers.

Besides theses 2 problems, I was happy with the hotel, however would not stay there again because of the miscommunication between all the staff and what the website promises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at Novotel in Ottawa from December 28th 2012 for 3 nights in a Suite and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed.

The suite was nice and so was the washrooms. The front desk staff and cleaners were all very friendly. Parking sucked at $20 or so a day (but that's what you get for downtown Ottawa).

This will be my go to hotel when we're back in Ottawa.

The pool change rooms could have been a bit cleaner but it didn't bother me too much.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the suite as they were really roomy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good hotel - very central. Parking is $23/day extra. If you park on the weekend, just pay the parking lot $8/day instead of the hotel's $23. WiFi didn't work for some reason and hotel staff didn't seem interested in looking into why. Not too big an issue, but a bit annoying I couldn't use the tablet. Instead they have some Macs downstairs which are internet connected. Pool was well used by the kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I attended a conference held at the Westin Hotel, however it was booked up so I chose to stay at the Novotel across the street. I had stayed here two year prior attending the same conference, and it was under renovation. The rooms have been updated, and are very nice for the price of the room. Breakfast was very good offering continental and full buffet options, along with a la carte selections. The restaurant staff was attentive, and very courteous. Although it was *very* cold out, a short walk across the street gets you into the mall and conference center. walk through the mall, and it takes you into several blocks of very good restaurants. The only negative I can say is the the fitness center is small and is shared by an adjacent hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the interior are very quite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Ottawa? Share your experiences!