“Great hotel, great value !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Minto Suite Hotel

Save Saved
You added Minto Suite Hotel to your Saves list
Minto Suite Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Lyon Street North, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7Y4, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #27 of 67 hotels in Ottawa
Akranes, Borgarfjardarsysla, Iceland
“Great hotel, great value !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I booked this hotel did not have any special expecation, it was a normal business trip and the price was good for a normal room. But MintoSuiteHotel was really a surprice, great room/apartment and really great value. I thougt I was going to have a hotel room but what I got was a huge suite with everyting. Thank you very much MintoSuite, I will be back !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MintoSuiteHotel, General Manager at Minto Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Minto Suite Hotel! Thank you for your compliments about our spacious suites and great value. We are glad that your visit was a welcome surprise, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

David Zaltzman

723 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I travel to Ottawa I usually expect to pay a high price for an average room, especially during busy season. I stayed at the Minto Suite Hotel after I saw an offer on Travelzoo right before I booked my trip, and I was extremely impressed. The price was amazing and you get a huge suite. There is a bedroom with flat screen TV, living room with couch, chairs, and dining table, small office/work area, and even a kitchenette. All this for the same price as a regular room at a regular hotel.

There was also a pool, hot tub, and fitness centre on property which I was able to use in the evening.

The only negatives I could find with my experience were:
1) elevators were very slow. Not sure if one or two weren't working, but I waited for 5-10 minutes on several occassions.
2) there was a big group of ringette girls in the hotel, so when I did go to the pool area it was not very relaxing.

Room Tip: There are also 2 bedroom suites at the end of the hall so if you have a bigger family you don't...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MintoSuiteHotel, General Manager at Minto Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your review of your stay at Minto Suite Hotel. As you mentioned, our suites are huge – why pay for a regular hotel room when you can stay here! You are correct, we do currently have one elevator that is undergoing modernization, and this could be why there was a delay in service during your stay. Our pool & fitness centre offers all our guests access to the pool every day of the week, but we do offer adult only swims Sunday to Thursday. Thank you for your compliments about our suites and value, we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Co-worker recommended this place to us for a quick weekend trip to Ottawa. I booked online with no problem and got a auto club discount on the room. We arrive right a check in time and our room was ready. Parking underground was easy - although we did run into an issue with our passcard the day we checked out. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel - especially with the size and layout of the suite. More and more I value staying in a suite with kitchen or kitchenette over regular hotel room. I traveled with my husband, daughter and one of my daughter's friends so the two bedroom suite with a queen in one room and two doubles in the other bedroom was PERFECT! The girls had their private space and their own bathroom and and we weren't tripping over each other. The living room and dining area were large. We didn't eat in the restaurant but we did shop at the 24 hour convenience store in the basement of the complex where we were able to pick up ample supplies to whip up a stellar breakfast at a fraction of the price we would have paid at the hotel restaurant. This is a great option when travelling with the family on a budget. Some of the living room furniture could be refurbished but the beds were great, the kitchen was fully stocked in terms of plates, utensils, dish soap etc. We also had a dishwasher and a washer, dryer! Hotel is within short walking distance to Parliament Hill, museums, shopping, the famous Byward Market, the Rideau Canal etc. We had a few meals out a local restaurants and we were very pleased. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MintoSuiteHotel, General Manager at Minto Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Minto Suite Hotel team would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your last stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed our spacious suite, and that it was the perfect fit for your family. Thank you for your great compliments about our hotel, and location - it's ideal for a short walk to Parliment, or a museum. We would also like to recommend on a warmer visit, trying our free bike rentals. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the city with your family! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Minto Suites for Valentines Day and I was truly empressed. When I first entered the hotel I was greeted by a bell person who helped us with our bags, very nice man with an accent. The girl at the front desk was lovely, after check in she handed me a sweet valentines day card with a few chocolate kisses. What a Gret touch! The room was a perfect size and clean. The furniture is older but still in very comfortable. There is a charge for Internet but it is comparable to other hotels in he city. Love the location and price, definitely will be back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MintoSuiteHotel, General Manager at Minto Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Minto Suite Hotel. It was a pleasure to read our team made such a terrific impression - creating inspiring experiences is always our main goal. Thank you for a wonderful review full of kind words about our customer service, location, suite, and price! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service at this hotel is top notch. EVERYONE was fantastic. Parking was very easy. There are several places to eat in the same building but many are closed during the weekend. There are dozens of great restaurants nearby. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. It had a great layout for families. The den area was very big. It also had a table large enough for six of us to sit comfortably. Before our visit, I saw several reviews complaining that the hotel needed updating. In my opinion, it had everything we needed. Apartment size refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, stove, and washer/dryer. There were plenty of dishes (and the cleaning staff even ran the dishwasher for us a couple of times). It didn't have granite countertops or hardwood floors, but everything worked well and was clean. There was more than enough storage space.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MintoSuiteHotel, General Manager at Minto Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our suites, location and service. You touched on what I think is our real strength - great customer service. Our team works hard to provide each guest an inspiring stay! They will be thrilled to read this. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

St. Albert, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Minto from jan 7-12th and was disappointed, the room was outdated and the service was just ok. The gym and pool were a nice size though. I don't believe I'll go back. I ate at the hotel restaurant and the food had no taste and it was expensive.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay at Minto Suite Hotel. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. It is important to receive both positive and negative feedback in order to allow us to learn and create a more inspiring stay for our valued guests. Because of feedback like yours, we are currently looking at updating our suite furnishings. I have also shared your feedback regarding your meal at Prime 360 with their management team. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Even with late arrival (around midnight), as requested, an upper level suite was available for us. The suite was large (1000 sq ft) and more than met the needs of my family. It was clean and if one needed to stay in Ottawa for an extended period, I could easily see myself staying there. The only criticism (and why not a rating of 5) is that the appliances are old and need to be replaced...what I used worked fine but it's time to invest in the appliances guys.

Room Tip: upper floors are quiet - you hear no road noise - was on 19th floor and that was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am glad to know that our suites worked for your family! Thank you for sharing your kind comments, and for recommending our hotel to long staying travelers. Thank you also for your suggestions regarding the appliances. We hope to host you and your family the next time your travels bring you to Ottawa.

General Manager, Customer Experience - Hospitality

Been to Minto Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!