“My home away from home!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ARC The Hotel

Save Saved
You added ARC The Hotel to your Saves list
ARC The Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Slater Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H6, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Ranked #27 of 66 hotels in Ottawa
“My home away from home!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at arc for 6 consecutive days in december and was blown away by everythimg the hotel has to offer.

The rooms are always clean, comfortable and cozy. A great touch every night is the turndown service with chocolates and water delivered to the room.

Dinner from both room service and the lounge was spectaucular and filling.

The arc has a great gym facility!!! It has all the free weights you could want along with treadmills and elipticals and fresh towels to boot!

The amenities are fantastic but the service sets this property apart from the rest. When living out of a suitcase its always great to feel comfortable and taken care of and that is exactly how my stay at the arc made me feel.

I will definitely return on my next trip to Ottawa!!

• Stayed December 2012
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough and complimentary review of ARC The.Hotel. We are thrilled that our associates and facility were able to exceed your expectations. We are proud to be your hotel of choice in Ottawa and look forward to welcoming you back

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been travelling extensively on business lately and have made it a point to stay at boutique hotels given the usually exceptional level of service.

At Arc, they make a point of the luxury finishes and appointments that adorn their suites. To their credit, the room I stayed in was very nicely appointed, however the devil is in the details and that's where they fell short.

Firstly, upon checking in, I noticed a particularly horrific scuff mark on the back of the door to my room. These things happen of course but I'd expect staff to address it as soon as possible.

Secondly, there appeared to be a stain on the carpet near the closet.

On the subject of service, they were attentive and helpful in providing me with a phone charger after realizing I had left mine at the office, however I found housekeeping to be somewhat lazy.

Specifically, I had pulled out the ironing table and iron before my morning's appointments and upon my return I was surprised to find the iron on the desk and the ironing table leaning against the wall in the room.

Additionally, the (very nice) bathrobe I had been using was hung over the back of a chair instead of a hanger.

Hardly deal breakers, nor would I complain about these things to hotel management but the next time I'm in Ottawa I'll likely stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Keep your expectations low.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
The management of ARC The.Hotel was distressed to read your review and would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such candid feedback. By reading each of these reviews we are able to recognize areas in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them. We do hope that you would reconsider and stay with us again in the future
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our office has hosted several cocktail parties at different venues in Canada but never has our experience been so easy and pleasant in organizing such an event.
Nadine Tremblay the catering and event manager and the staff at the Arc where wonderful to work it!
Throughout the evening we only heard positive comments from our guests and colleagues about the food and the exceptional and friendly customer service that the Arc provided to us that evening. We would not hesitate to book another event at the Arc.
Anna B

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough and complimentary review of the ARC The Hotel. We are thrilled that our associates and facility were able to exceed your expectations. We are proud to be your hotel of choice in xcityx and look forward to welcoming you back
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Arrived very late to the hotel after a delayed trans-continental flight. When I woke up I noticed the carpet was stiff and stained, and the bathroom really wasn't clean. I'll spare the details but suffice to say if I was alert enough I would have gone back down to the front desk for another room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your comments and vital feedback. We are always striving to do our best for our guests and your experience will ensure we do just that.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Convenient downtown hotel, nearby everything at a very reasonable price!! Kristina our sales manager was very helpful with reservations and provided a very great deal! Thank you very much! We look forward to visiting the ARC hotel again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will continue to stay at the ARC The.Hotel.
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I don't normally stay at The Arc Hotel when in Ottawa but due to a late reservation and my usual hotel being booked up at all their reasonable rates, I opted for The Arc. In a previous visit, I had a much smaller room that was over-furnished but this time I had a beautifully appointed big room with lots of space and a luxurious bathroom with a great tub and a massive shower head. The bed was very comfortable, on par or better than my own bed which is pretty hard to beat. I'd come back just for the great night's sleep I had.

There were a few things that I didn't like but not so much that they would dissuade me from returning. The bathroom has no heater so in winter it could get much colder than it was in mid-November when I was there. Room service was inconsistent. One day breakfast was akin to something you'd get at a greasy diner but the next day it was much more in line with the kind of hotel it is. It was good and made up for the day before.

Other drawbacks are not enough room at the front of the hotel to pull in and drop off and pick up people as the taxi-cabs hog the space and make no bones about honking their horn if they feel you've encroached on their territory. Also there are several steps up to the lobby from the street so if you have a lot of luggage or are disabled, you will find it challenging. There is a doorman but he was never there to assist when I could have used the help.

The hotel is located in downtown Ottawa but it is close enough to walk to the Market area where you can find lots of places to eat and to shop. In a pinch there are a couple of Starbucks within a block plus other fast food places like Subway and Tim Hortons.

The service was pleasant and efficient. I would give this hotel a 3.5 stars but since there are no half stars, I've opted to go with 4 as it is closer to that than a rating of 3.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the brick wall of an adjacent building. If you don't care for views, it was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review ARCThe.Hotel.. We are glad you were able to enjoy all our hotel has to offer
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you are in need of a stylish space for your wedding and reception, look no further than the Lounge at the ARC The.Hotel! Nadine Tremblay, the Catering and Events Sales Manager, went WAY above and beyond the call of duty and made our special day absolutely perfect - she kept the ceremony and reception - and us - on track! The food was spectacular, the staff extremely kind and helpful, and the space chic and sophisticated. We stayed overnight and our King Deluxe room was incredibly appointed. Our guests, too, had a wonderful and relaxed time. My husband and I have no complaints or regrets about choosing the ARC - it was truly memorable! THANK YOU! Christopher + Éric, Ottawa

Room Tip: Some of the King Deluxe rooms have a HUGE bathtub - be sure to ask and take advantage of this featur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ArcGM, General Manager at ARC The Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
ARC The.Hotel would like to express our gratitude to you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. We make every effort to ensure our guest’s experiences are superb. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your first anniversary and sooner if the opportunity presents itself.

Been to ARC The Hotel? Share your experiences!