“Great hotel in the heart of Ottawa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Dalhousie Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7E9, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Whitby
“Great hotel in the heart of Ottawa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

The hotel's location is great, centrally located, we had booked two rooms and total of 6 persons. We basically walked to all the site seeing venues, it was great. The only thing i was disappointed was we had to pay for parking which was $20p/day. Sauna would be a great addition to the hotel. Recommend the hotel for family, everything is walking distance restaurants and nightlife is amazing and safe also.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

I was honestly expecting more from this hotel. The location is great, easy access to tons of restaurants and shops.

The walls are paper thin! I could hear my neighbour coughing for hours! The bed wasn't very comfortable either. I had a hard time falling asleep.

The business "table" is located right off the lobby and only has 1 computer, which sucks when someone is on it for a half hour while all you want to do is check your flights. Liked that they had a coffee station (even though the coffee was super bitter) in the lobby as well as a fruit basket.

I lugged my laptop with me thinking I could log on from my room since they offered free internet connection. Was surprised when they only had wireless. When I called the front desk, the agent did not offer to lend me the router and I didn't know that was an option until I read it in one of the brochures the next day. Needless to say, I did not use my laptop the entire time I was there!

For price paid, I bet there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Not only is the Courtyard Ottawa Downtown in the best possible location, situated in the middle of the Byward Market within walking distance of all the best restaurants and shopping, this hotel has great rooms, and is elegant yet comfortable. The personel are more than happy to accommodate us, are warm and friendly and have our best interest at heart. We always feel like valued customers. The rooms are well-maintained, clean and beds are ultra-comfortable. We are in the middle of the action in the market area, yet we feel safe at all times. We love the fact that we can walk around where all the action is and come back to our room to relax. It really is the best value for such comfort and convenience!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
DAB8899, Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and as well as the Byward Market.
Our location in the heart of the Byward Market, means that our guests have a variety of dining and entertainment options available within a few short blocks of the hotel. It makes for a very vibrant and exciting neighborhood to be part of.
Hope to see you again soon.
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Great location; great breakfast buffet; not so good hotel. Staff very pushy and unfriendly. Stayed three nights. Changed rooms twice. Walls are paper thin. Heard EVERYTHING that was going on in the next room. Do not stay on third floor or anywhere street side. We felt like we were on the street; that's how noisy it was.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay with the Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa. It is the feedback we receive from our guests that assist us in improving the services we provide.
I was very disappointed to read your review and the various challenges you had while you stayed at the Courtyard Ottawa. Each of the items you have outlined will be addressed with the appropriate department.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact me at denise@ribm.ca or 613-369-5001.
Thanks
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

The location of this Hotel is awesome. The pool and hot tub were great as well. The staff were friendly, and they have a great breakfeast buffet.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed here because we had Marriott points. Turns out the hotel couldn't have been in a better location to walk to all the downtown attractions (Byward Market, Confederation Park, Parliament Hill, Rideau canal). If I were to go back, I would want to stay here again even if I had to pay, since the rates where pretty good anyway. I had also thought that we would have to pay $16/day parking, not unusual for a large city, but they never charged us for that. Location is the best thing about this hotel, and you always get a great room from Courtyard Marriott.

Oh yeah, one last thing. They had a fabulous breakfast buffet, better than the average Courtyard. Great food, omlette making station, fresh fruit (they even peeled and cut the grapefruit for you! Yum!). We ate there each morning.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We always enjoy having our Marriott Rewards members stay at the hotel since it means you are a loyal client of the brand.
Our breakfast buffet does receive a lot of good comments and is a great selling feature of the hotel (that and the location!).
We are looking forward to your next trip to Ottawa.
Sincerely
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

This Marriott Courtyard is in a good spot in downtown Ottawa with a number of restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is in good shape and the staff is courteous. The staff at the breakfast buffet are particularly friendly and upbeat.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Your feedback will be shared with the staff as we always enjoy celebrating their success. We are very proud of all of our staff members and their focus on customer-service. We feel it is what brings our guests back to the hotel time and again.
Thanks again for posting.
Denise

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown? Share your experiences!