“good location, not enough parking spaces” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Dalhousie Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7E9, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, ON
“good location, not enough parking spaces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

good overall. location is very good. easy access to shopping, restaurant (different kinds fastfood, fine dining, pub etc)
not enough parking spaces, need to get permit to park at parking lot next to the hotel (not far though)
traffic around is quite crowded, GPS really helped a lot.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

This hotel was decent. The beds were a bit hard, and it was not as quiet as I like a hotel to be. It could use a renovation but all in all its really not that bad. The room was clean and the service was good in general. The front desk lady was extremely accomodating. I would stay there again if I got a good rate. I think I expected a little more from the courtyard by mattiott, I expected it to be as good as a Hilton Garden Inn, but I can't fault the hotel if my expectations were skewed. The "business center" consisted of one computer, but hey at least it was free! By the way the location is GREAT, you really can't get any better!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

This hotel is literally footsteps from the By Market. And around 10 minutes from everything else (Rideau Canal, Parliament, etc). This is was you would expect from a Courtyard Marriott. We would DEFINATELY stay there again, especially since we got the room for $62USD via Priceline.

Our room was large enough for the two of us, and everything was really clean.

Parking is not free, but I got lucky and found a free parking spot on the street both days we were there.

Perfect weekend for me and my girlfriend!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I scored the Courtyard via priceline - it's pretty much in the downtown 'party' area. However, I did not notice much of it. Convenient it walk to the Rideau Center and Bank St, good bus connections and a decent breakfast buffet. The room was big. I liked the bed, the free High-Speed internet and the big LCD TV. No comments on the staff - helpful and friendly even though I did not interact a lot with them. The hotel in total is a but aged design-wise. Not sure if the walls are thin - the doors are for sure but that did not affect me.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I just returned from three nights at the Courtyard Ottawa Downtown. While the location was great, walking distance to Byward Market, Parliament Hill, Rideau Centre, and good shopping, the walls were extremely thin at this hotel. The room (#458) had no view of the city (fine with me, since it could be noisy if we were facing the street) and was clean. The bed was firm and not plush like at the Hilton or Sheraton. The bathroom was old and outdated, but clean. I would not recommend this for a honeymoon although judging by the sounds coming from our neighbor's room, it very well could have been their honeymoon night, if you get my drift. One morning I woke up to what I thought was someone blow drying their hair in my room, only to find out that it was our other neighbor doing so in their room. After two sleepless nights, I can guarantee that the walls are paper thin. We could hear almost every word of a normal conversation from both neighbors on either side of us. Not much that the hotel can do about it. I wouldn't stay here again if I needed some shut eye. I would try the Westin (attached to Rideau Centre) or if I wanted to spend more money, I would stay at the Fairmont.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

Our family of 3 stayed here on November 23 - 24. The Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa hotel is located in Byward Market near many restaurants. The Hard Rock and Fat Tuesdays Restaurant are directly behind the hotel. There are other eating options available, too. The Parliament Buildings are about a five minute walk from the hotel.

Our room was on the 4th Floor (Room 414) that faced some sort of weird courtyard. The room had a hairdryer, full size iron and ironing board, and 32" LCD TV. The bathroom is small and non-descript. Could use some art decor. The hotel has a business center with computers available for guest use. Our room had complimentary wireless hi-speed Internet access. There is an indoor pool and small fitness center. We did not eat at The Courtyard Café which offers an breakfast buffet each morning.

Staff was very helpful with what to do in the area. Gave out maps and very useful information.

• Liked — Convenience to historic buildings
  • Disliked — The small, plain bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

The hotel is in a great location. Just a short walk from the Byward Market, Rideau Shopping Center and Parliment Hill.

The hotel has a bar, a restaurant and provides a little convenience store & microwave in the reception area. We did not use the bar or the restaurant as there are plenty of other choices right outside the hotel.

The hotel has private parking which is reasonably priced & has in and out privalages.

The rooms are very clean & nicely furnished with a desk, large bed, and sofa.

Overall the staff were very accomodating and friendly.

Would definitely stay here again for the location

• Liked — Location, Location, Location !!
  • Disliked — neighbouring streets were a bit rough
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown? Share your experiences!