To start with we were here on a pleasure trip with a little business mixed in so the family came along.
We booked a 3 night stay and when you arrive the Hotel is pure excitement from the grand entrance to the beautiful foyer and lovely rooms.
It is truely a grand hotel in the sense..History is displayed at every turn.
Yes we had a but........When you book a family into a grand hotel where the room rates are more than most incomes ...
Would it not make sense to NOT ! put them on a SOLD OUT floor reserved for a wedding with many high profile people attending. What a party they had and ALL NIGHT !
We had an ADJOINING ROOM ,which we never accept but had no choice because they messed up and were booked solid. We were stuck in the middle of it all.
To our delight( NOT) we had a very important guest staying beside up with the company of some women who laughed and drank and smoked (non-smoking rooms)all night long. The smoke was coming under the door and us with 2 small kids.
Calling Security quieted it down for a few minutes but an hour later it starts again.
The energy this guy had....Amazing.
They still ruined our first night...I guess they got a bill for cleaning as well due to smoke.
Like he cared ? Charge it...
Very nice and the guest next to us sent us a nice breakfast to say sorry. The Manager was very helpful because he knew what went on and who it was and moved us to a suite.....Not sure who paid the upgrade...wasn't us.
The suites are amazing and so quiet. Next two nights were great.
Just remember it is an old building and sound proofing was not thought of.......
The wood work and history is just astounding but nothing between the walls at all.......
Worth the Money............AWWWWWWWW! hard to say....
Just to say you were there ..... Maybe !!!!
Very close to everything you want to see and walked everywhere..........
VERY EXPENSIVE is all we could say though...........
ONLY wish I worked for the Government and could charge it to the taxpayer like our Neighbour did. Thanks for the Breakfast .......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Chateau Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French chateau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Laurier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont