“Clean and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Ontario
“Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We spent last nidht at this place, based on Tripadvisor revieiws.
We walked into the office at midday, and were quoted the same price as online, and were given the key and remote when we agreed to room we had inspected.
It was a convenient location for us, just down the road from my daughter's, and close to where the storage unit was for us to collect our things. They did not mind that we parked a 26' U-Haul truck in the parking lot.
We had room 130, with a King bed, which had a kitchenette with bar sized sink, fridge and microwave.
The bathroom was a convenient size (unlike a good name brand where you had to wiggly whilst closing the door). The shower was fantastic, great power.
Despite its convenient location, I would definitely stay here again. There is a Tim Hortons, just over a mile east (5 mins drive).
Last but not least, the owners were very friendly. Our remote did not work and they exchanged it immediately.

Room Tip: Across the parking lot from the office. Room 132 is closest to the road, we had room 130 and it was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

location is alright, rooms are not too bad for the price. The sheets smell really nice and clean as well as the towels, good housekeeping. Best of all was the management/owner, very eager to help and always with a big smile. And the price is very fair. over all felt very comfy and got my money's worth.

Room Tip: If you are staying for long and have a limited budget, would be the right place to stay. As I said...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kemptville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

First thing I must admit is that the Beacon Hill is a throwback to the old days when one parked their car right at the front door of your room and all one expected from a motel was a simple room at a reasonable price. There is nothing fancy about the Beacon Hill - no big lobby - indoor or outdoor pool - just a comfortable room at a reasonable price! The owners have been redoing the motel over the last few years - new flooring (there are no carpets let alone dirty ones!!), new fixtures in the batroom, new locks on the door etc. and as as someone who has stayed there many times over the last few years the improvements are indeed noticeable. Best of all the price has by and large stayed the same and is $30 - $40 less than comparable lodgings.
The family who owns the place couldn't be nicer - as a regular customer (every few weeks) they know know me by name and that's all I need to make a reservation!! I'm sure their friendly attitude extends to first time customers as well.
The rooms are clean and the location in the east end is very convenient 9and set back far enough from the road that it's quiet.
The place isn't perfect - a few more bars of soap would be nice - but if you need anything all you have to do is ask the front desk and they will take care of you.
Bottom line - a great value for the price and the owners are very nice folks. What more could you ask for!!

Art

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sudbury, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was in Ottawa on the May long weekend, without reservations. I was traveling with a family member who remembered the good old days of motels on Montreal Road, and getting a great price for what we now expect from a typical Comfort Inn.

Beacon Hill looked not too bad from the road. It is painted up country cottage cute in white with red trim, so from the outside, it looked like it could be passable.

Unfortunately, not. We got the key to an available room to check it out, and it was bad. Old carpeting and furnishings. Small cramped room with one double bed and one single, at 90 degrees to each other to fit them both in. The bed linens were old and shabby. I did pull one bed apart to check for bed bugs and didn't see any, but the "white" sheets were yellowed with age.

The bathroom was very tiny and cramped with dingy towels, and old fixtures.

The place is pretty pathetic. Needless to say, we didn't stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
razza n, General Manager at Beacon Hill Motel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Since 2009 our rooms have not had carpets, and since then all bathrooms were fully renovated in 2011.

Our staff is able to make any request happen if for some reason our establishment is not up to your satisfaction. Your comminication is vital and please management encourages our customers to speak with the staff upon arrival into your room. Additional services such as more toiletries, iron, hair dryer, kettle and anything regarding our great city of Ottawa our staff will help.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed at motels in Toronto and was my first time staying at one in Ottawa and I have to say to all the people who left complaints about this motel being scary and dirty or what not, try staying at one in Toronto!! This motel was perfect for the price. It was very clean and the staff were accomodating and very nice. I have no complaints about this motel. I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a cheap stop off during thier trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Just back from a trip to Canada in September. Myself my husband plus mother and father-in-law stayed here as we had been travelling all day and 4 other hotels were full. So, it was last minute, late night stop.

Good things first: the room was as clean as it could be under the circumstances.

Bad now: It looked like the furniture was out of a skip
Bare wires showing
Crawlies coming out of the overflow and plug hole in sink
No doors on cupboards and drawers in kitchen area
Bedside lamps not working

Worst of all - when we returned after a meal out the door to our room just swung open. No lock!

I sat up all night in bed with my clothes on as I couldn't rest with the thought that anybody could walk in. I consoled myself with the thought that it was just like being in a weird tent.

The two guys running the motel are really nice and helpful but be forewarned, cheap is not always acceptable.

I don't like to give bad reviews but feel people should know what we experienced.

Room Tip: See this place in daylight. Check there is a lock on the door.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for one night at this motel and because it was July 1st, they charged us $100. I'm assuming that on regular days, it's cheaper. When we entered the room, we weren't too pleased about the asthetics of the place. Everything was clean, but the hardwood floor was popping out in areas, the bathroom was due for a renovation, and the beds sat on pieces of wood, which didn't seem all that stable. I can't say that I would go hete again considering the amount of money I paid. I would only consider staying if the cost was around $40 or $50 for a night. I'd look somewhere else though no matter what the cost if the visit was to be more than 2 nights.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Beacon Hill Motel? Share your experiences!