“Some of it renovated, some of it not.” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1668 Montreal Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1J 6N5, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
CA$65 (CAD)
Ranked #49 of 69 Hotels in Ottawa
“Some of it renovated, some of it not.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed for one night at this motel and because it was July 1st, they charged us $100. I'm assuming that on regular days, it's cheaper. When we entered the room, we weren't too pleased about the asthetics of the place. Everything was clean, but the hardwood floor was popping out in areas, the bathroom was due for a renovation, and the beds sat on pieces of wood, which didn't seem all that stable. I can't say that I would go hete again considering the amount of money I paid. I would only consider staying if the cost was around $40 or $50 for a night. I'd look somewhere else though no matter what the cost if the visit was to be more than 2 nights.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was in Ottawa on business and usually stay downtown but this time my budget has been cut so I looked up Beacon Hill and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very cleaned and at the end of the day that's all I cared about. I wanted a clean bed and a shower and I got both!! I like the front desk guy, he was very curtious and helpful with knowledge of the city. I will be returning.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sasha7277
Brossard, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

The staff.....impecable.
The rooms........clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet.
Location.....incredibly conveniant. (Just drive straight down the street to reach downtown and Parliament Hill)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Cyndii007
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Room was renovated and clean had a microwave and fridge with a sink. A great find, especially, if getting in early hours of the morning as I did. Although, not the laurier or elgin but also not the price or with the restrictions on check in times. Had I known it was this nice my trip before this one would have stayed here and went to the meeting there instead of rushing around trying to find something downtown.Bathroom was nice plush towels and not a speck of dirt had been missed.anywhere I had my college daughter with me she was impressed with the network as was I great for the business person also college kids often have online classes or projects that must be turned in so steady net with no drops and good bandwidth is a must. I was extremely impressed for the price . Front desk was amazingly pleasant and helpful. Hours of service were convenient for the extended trip traveler which has many a time left me staying in lesser accommodations due to my odd arrival times.traveling back and forth. .I was impressed enough to leave a tip in the room for whomever cleans the rooms as it was spotless and one when i dropped off the key in future i will not be hunting through bed and breakfast places etc trying to convince them to hold a room past 6 until my train bus or plane gets in .They had a computer available as well as printing and fax services..Although, it did not have a restaurant there were several close by including right next door. Other essential needs were close by including a bank right next door. Daughter loved the chair and wanted to sleep in even though she detests pink it must have been some chair ,never seen that before could not pry her out of it, she thought it was so soft and comfy her words...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank symbioticsites
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

This hotel is clean, simple and comfortable. It is a great value. I am on a budget and this is a great choice.

• Liked — Very clean rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo