“Get the 'Delux'” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa

You added Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa to your Saves list
Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   141 Cooper St, Ottawa, Ontario K2P OE8, Canada (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ottawa - Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #43 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
“Get the 'Delux'”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2004

I've stayed at the Aristocrat 3 times. The first two it was lovely, and I paid to be in a "Delux" room. These are the rooms to the LEFT as you enter the building (two sets of elevators). On the right, however, are the unrenovated suites that are VERY poor quality. These are the "Standard" suites. I had booked a delux, but they were oversold and gave my room away, and I was forced to stay in one of the filthiest rooms I've been to in many years. I was satisfied (and pleased) with the delux rooms, but the "Standard" rooms are sub-standard to a discount hotel...sincerely they are run-down and dirty and in poor repair. If you stay here, make sure you get a "delux" room with the elevators on the LEFT.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2004

The name and the prices at the Aristocrat Suites in Ottawa make you think that you're getting some level of above-standard amenties and/or accommodations, but our suite had stained and worn carpeting, peeling paint, missing chunks of baseboard here and there, and no dust cover on the bed's boxsprings, just the ugly bare boxsprings showing under the old, dingy comforter. It was just OK for bare minimum of accommodations, but at least the lobby downstairs is beautiful. The only thing that had been updated and was very nicely appointed was the bathroom. Location was good, however.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2004

The hotel is in a good location, it has a nice lobby, the price was right and we were fortunate to have an upper floor with a good view to the north overlooking the city...BUT...the only thing good about our room was a remodelled bathroom. The carpet was filthy (worst I've ever seen), the furnishings were old, I took the inner windows out to get a view because they were so dirty, and I had to ask to get the room cleaned the second day. The bathroom area to the hot tub in the basement had floor tiles and gyproc missing near the floor and stained tiles throughout the ceiling. Lesson learned, look past the window dressing you see on the hotel ads and remember that you often get what you pay for!

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

While I agree with most of the reviews of the Aristocrat posted, there are some things I don't agree with.
We were there this past weekend for two nights and the Bluesfest was on just down the street, great soundproofing, could hardly hear it!!
I do agree with the overly loud air conditioner, and we certainly needed it! They were not able to provide us with a room with two double beds so one of us slept on the pull out sofa in the living room area and they had a very difficult time sleeping. The shower, though powerful, did not drain properly and the water kept rising in the bottom of the top.
But my biggest disappointment was no comfortable chairs to sit in and generally furnished very sparsely.
Carmello's on Cooper (the in hotel restaurant) is very good - try the Fettucine Perfetta, out of this world!
I did not find the staff particularly friendly or helpful.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2004

I went there in November 2003. I made a reservation through hotwire, so the rate was very reasonable.

The location was great. I walked to everywhere.

The room was clean and spacious.

The only problem was the smell. The entire floor and entire room smelled horrible. It was mix of cigarett, mold, and who knows what else. I was glad I stayed there only one night.

Been to Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa

Address: 141 Cooper St, Ottawa, Ontario K2P OE8, Canada (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ottawa - Downtown)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Ottawa
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #43 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Ottawa - Downtown Hotel Ottawa
Extended Stay Ottawa
Ottawa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.