“Good Location, great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa to your Saves list
Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   141 Cooper St, Ottawa, Ontario K2P OE8, Canada (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ottawa - Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #43 of 67 hotels in Ottawa
Allahabad, India
“Good Location, great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ok, the breakfast is not the strong point. But really, the "room" was really a beautiful suite that would put my tiny apartment to shame. fully equipped kitchen (not really a kitchenette), spacious living room and a large bedroom is what you can expect. We only stayed one night, but are willing to go back to it whenever we are in Ottawa. Staff was courteous and helpful. Very clean premises. Location was ideal, we were near restaurants and pubs and everything else was a short walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the spaciousness of the suite and the helpfulness of our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Wellington, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The room was really a suite with a small kitchenette a large sitting room and an over sized bedroom. The on-site restaurant aerved great breakfasts. The hotel is conveniently located within easy walking distance of down town, Parlament etc. And the rates are far better than most other city center hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the size of the suite, the full breakfast at the restaurant, and the value you received.

Once again, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Wasaga Beach, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here in 2012 for a couple of nights and decided upon my return to Ottawa I would stay again in July 2013. The rooms are satisfactory, hallways a bit narrow, lobby nice, staff average. The first time I came I had a motorbike so parking was fairly easy. This time with a van parking was more challenging due to limited spots and tight turns. Base price wasn't bad considering location. But fees rise from there. If you have pets the cost is an additional $25+tax per night, parking $14+tax per night, then HST and this all adds up quickly over a few nights. The location is good if you are on business downtown or want to walk to Parliament Hill, the mint, Byward Market, canal, university, and a couple of other locations. Rooms offer good space and kitchenettes are handy if you are staying a while. When I was considering a longer stay later in 2012 I bypassed this place because monthly parking was expensive compared to other places offering longer stay accommodation.

The new breakfast program is pretty dismal compared to other hotels that offer a breakfast and is a definite downgrade from 2012. There was no seating and breakfast was a prepackaged bran muffin, apple, coffee, and/or granola bar. Overall, I would rate this place 2.5/5 or just below average for value. When they say there is a breakfast in comparable terms to other hotels then I don't like being nickeled and dimed over it. Not really any activities or outside space/pool for kids, just a place to stay but I'm good with that. Nearest green space for them to run around is either behind city hall or a couple of blocks to the west at a playground.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am encouraged to read your remarks about the overall property and location. However, I am very sorry that our new complimentary breakfast program did not meet your expectations. Of course, full breakfast continues to be available in our on-site restaurant for guests who wish something more substantial, but we hope that adding a modest complimentary option is appreciated by many time-sensitive guests. I also appreciate your comments regarding the value; our comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be sure to better explain our pricing and options to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We do strive to provide practical accommodation where guests can select the options most important to them, and I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

I invite you to contact me, at otw@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed for a night here while travelling in Ottawa. It was decent stay u can expect in any hotel. The floors smelled cigar for the most pat, I am not worried about it. Also be sure that there is extra charge for parking each night (as a matter of fact in any hotel in the downtown), so I parked my car paying extra charge as it was new place.
The breakfast had little choice.
The staff was friendly and helpful. But I think it was little expensive for what you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our team; however, we apologize that you smelled smoke and that you found the breakfast items limited.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we work quickly to identify rooms that smoke on non-smoking floors so that other guests are not disrupted, and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. As well, while our Grab and Go Breakfast is ideally suited for individuals or families on the go, the on-site restaurant serves full breakfast daily from 8 a.m. till 11 a.m. and I hope you were able to take advantage of this option. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at otw@extendedstay.com.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Rockport, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Used Hotwire and got a great deal. Impressed with the Lobby! The room/small apartment was a surprise, and a nice one - the decor is dated, but hey, so am I! Just there for the night and didn't plan to cook, so did not eat in. Great to have a beer fridge tho'!

Loved the location. Easy walking distance to the Canal, Elgin Street dining, and the Chateau Laurier Hotel (beside the Parliament Bldgs) really made for a lovely and affordable Anniversary treat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and location. We hope you enjoyed your Anniversary!

Windsor, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

A while back, I went with a few friends to Ottawa for a night and we stayed here.

The first thing that stands out about this place is a lot of the rooms (or some? all?) used to be apartments, so they come with multiple rooms: living/kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. Makes for a great night if some of your group goes to bed earlier.

No issues at all with the hotel; a two-min walk from a main street, right near restaurants and shops, quiet neighbourhood.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that the spacious suites and central location of our hotel suited your needs in the capital! It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were in town for two days while searching for an apartment. We are relocating to this city from several hours away. As we were on a budget, the price was right and being able to cook breakfast in the hotel saved us money while we were there. The room was as large as our apartment back home and felt like a home. We figure we will likely send family there to stay when they come for visits. Downsides are that the parking is a bit cumbersome and some of the furniture was a bit worn (only a chair though, bed and couch were decent). Also, remember to bring your own butter/oil/cooking basics. One can forget about that... They gave us very little dishwashing liquid but were so on top of it when we asked for more. They delivered it right up to our room. Also, the 'breakfast bar' is quite scarce, but if all you are looking for is a generic granola bar, then you're good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are happy to know you felt at home, and are grateful you would consider recommending us to family! We appreciate your practical tips on breakfast and items to bring with you. When you return to our property, we suggest you request our offsite parking across the street where the spots are much wider than our onsite parking.

Been to Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa? Share your experiences!