“I'd stay(tap) there(dat) again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa

You added Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa to your Saves list
Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   141 Cooper St, Ottawa, Ontario K2P OE8, Canada (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Ottawa - Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #43 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Sudbury, Canada
“I'd stay(tap) there(dat) again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

They were the best! We first called, they told us they could store our luggage all day since we were stranded. Showed up to early check in by 9 am with very friendly service. The room was wonderful! We got it for a good deal on hotwire, and were blown away by the accommodations. It was out own little apartment for the weekend. Plenty of shelving for our clothes and belongings, mounted flatscreen in the bedroom as well as a television in the living room, pullout and recliner, nice kitchen with all necessary utensils and dishes, ice trays(!), and excellent bathroom facilities(great counters and space). Also, we had decided to extend our stay, due to unfortunate circumstances with finding a new car, which we were in town for. The receptionist was kind enough to extend leniency and allow us a free night of parking. On our last hurrah of a night, we were able to use the back entrance to smoke and drink in peace, even sharing a cheers with the kind construction men working quietly out back.
The only unpleasant event during our entire stay would be our attempt to dine in the hotel restaurant. Not to be presumptuous but, my partner and I are young and 'alternative' looking to some, and we do not feel like our host treated us as patrons who would dine in their establishment. As if, we were not a valuable customer.
Beyond our one less than fortunate experience, I would highly recommend the Extended Stay Deluxe to anyone looking to stay in downtown Ottawa.

p.s.
The National Capital Beer fest happened to be right behind the hotel near CIty Hall. Completely centrally located for anyone who desires to experience the city.

Room Tip: Go on hotwire. Pick the one with the suites.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I do regret the experience that you encountered at the restaurant, and I assure you this is being addressed. Please accept my apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

When we pulled up to the hotel, it looked like a high rise apartment building. In fact, it was on a quiet residential street of apartment buildings and homes, and just a block or so away from Elgin Street (for restaurants and neighbourhood stores). Once in the lobby, with modern decor and high cathedral ceilings, I was "wow'ed" by the comfort and chic feeling. Staff were professional and helpful, always friendly.

We booked a suite. When I walked in, another WOW. I knew there were kitchen facilities, but I didn't expect a one-bedroom apartment! The livingroom had a pull-out sofa bed (which we didn't need), and sofa, easy chair, TV and desk. The separate bedroom had its own plasma screen TV, spacious closet with iron and ironing board. The bathroom was really clean and tastefully decorated. The kitchen had cutlery, dishware, towels, apartment sized fridge &freezer, full stove & oven, microwave, coffee maker. The only downside (if I can look for one) is there was not dish soap to do our dishes. In the kitchen area was a small bistro table and two chairs. We felt at home. We didn't try their restaurant because we brought our own food.

Just note.. $14 for parking at the back of the hotel. My only regret was not taking photos to post here on Tripadvisor!

Would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Surprisingly good for the value, we booked on Hotwire and were a bit nervous for a 3 star...however we ended up with a suite, very clean for an older building and friendly staff. This hotel is located within walking distance to all attractions. Downfall, parking is 14$ per night, however if you are there on the weekend it is free on the street, if you can find a spot. There is a new condo being built behind the hotel, this I'm sure would cause a noise problem during the week. Definately would stay there again! Close to rideau canal, byward market, parliament hill etc,

Room Tip: We stayed in the east side of the building on the 7th floor, weekend trip. Faced the new constructio...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Muskoka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

You can't beat the location!! Staff were really friendly an our room was HUGE and clean. We booked through Hotwire and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. My only complaint would be that the cold water doesnt seem to be cold (warm, like bathwater!) and the toom temperatures seeme to be either hot or cold. But I would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, from the great guest service to the property location, and we are truly honored for your recognition. In reference to your comments regarding the hot water and room temperature, I have reached out to the team to conduct a thorough inspection to ensure that this does not happen to the next guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. The a/c worked great, nice & cool in the room. The room was clean & comfortable & suited us just great. It was like coming home after going out during the day. The only thing we didn't like was the cooking smells coming from the people across the hall & their constant door slamming, but that wasn't the hotel's fault. Sara at the front desk was amazing & very helpful.
Over all a super stay & if we come back the Ottawa way again, we'll definitely stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We are so proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate.

Once again, from myself and the entire staff at the hotel, thank you for your kind words and for staying with us. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Petawawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

An amazing location, close to everything, I have stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe Ottawa many times now over the last 5 years and have loved every visit. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and there's a cute kitchen included. The beds are very comfortable and I always had plenty of pillows :).
I had a fantastic view of the July 1st fireworks from my balcony, which was a bonus cause I don't like large crowds and waiting for a pint. Speaking of which, the Mayflower Pub is just across the way, one of the first English-style watering holes in the city, which is super friendly and a great place for people to meet. Although currently undergoing renovations, the staff more than make up for any minor inconveniences that may crop up as a result. They are always courteous, approachable and very "Accomodating". Always a pleasant experience, and I would absolutely stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Rooms to the south side are quieter, but a much nicer view on the north side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Ottawa-Downtown. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent 2 nights in this hotel. The lobby was ok.Even when the hotel was not full our roomm was not ready by 1pm so we wait until 3pm. Room had a unpleasant smell like it was a smoking room before. Carpet is outdated, and the door overlay was scratching the small hardwood floor on the entrance. Bathroom was clean and the bed was confortable, not the same with the sofa bed that the matress was the thiniest matress i ever saw.Fridge was ok, microwave too small and the parking was $22.00 per 24 hours. On the positive side the hotel is in a great location,
within walking distance from the Parliament, historic buildings, restaurants and shopping. At a $123.00 per night this hotel is just ok for a couple of night

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Nick,

I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Been to Extended Stay Canada - Ottawa? Share your experiences!