I stayed here for 2 weeks in January, and I have to say, for the most part, I was impressed.
The suite I stayed in was large, well kept, and fairly modern. The hotel has plenty of amenities, including a pub, restaurant and a 24-hour convenience store on site. The pub and restaurant were average, but adequate. The location of the hotel is on the west side of downtown, so you do have a bit of walk to get to the more lively part of downtown (Byward Market, Elgin St.)... which, when I was last there I really didn't want to do in -40 degree weather.
My only complaint is that they use the Lodgenet television service, which I really despise. Other suite hotels in the area use regular cable services, which are far superior (and when you're stay for 2-3 weeks, you do tend to watch a bit of tv from time to time). But other than that, this is a good spot to rest your head, especially when you want a bit more space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Suite Hotel located 1 block from shopping & business area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and EasyToBook so you can book your Albert at Bay Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert At Bay Hotel Ottawa
- Hotel Albert At Bay Suite