“Truly Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
TORONTO
“Truly Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times this year and I thought it was about time I write a review.

For the price it's an amazing hotel.

The staff is friendly and checking in/out is simple.

The room..well it's more like an apartment with a balcony.

I like the fact that there is two bathrooms so if you have a guest over they don't have to use yours. Don't get me started on the standup shower.

There is a kitchen which is great because I can easily pick up something to cook from the local market and it saves me $

I truly feel at home with this hotel.

Would I stay there again? Yes

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

Thank you as well for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you have been staying with us frequently and you consider us another "home."

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moncton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Albert at Bay

I stayed at the Albert at Bay for 3 nights in November 2012. I was travelling with my spouse and 1 year old child.

Pros:
- Lovely, clean and up to date
- Our suite had 2 bathrooms
- Excellent customer service
- Fitness center
- Front desk gave my little one a bag of small games and toys.
- Convenience Store in the hotel
- Restaurant open early

Cons:
-The noise was a bit of an issue. After reading reviews on this web site, I was a bit concerned that the construction would be an issue since my child sleeps during the day. I called ahead of time and they assured me we would receive a room no where near the construction. When I checked in, I once again requested a room far away from the noise. We ended up with a room next door to where the construction took place. My child could not sleep because it was so noisy (daytime only), so when we approached the front desk they were very accommodating and provided us with an additional suite for that afternoon on a different floor. In the end, nap time was a success, and the hotel staff were pleasant and willing to meet out needs.
-Location has very little going on in the evening. This seems to be more in the business district so after 5pm many establishments were closed.

Overall: I would recommend this hotel. It's clean, the customer service is good, I felt safe in the neighbourhood, and if you have a car it's very easy to get around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community. I do apologize for the discrepancy with the first room. I am so happy though to see that we were able to get you to a new room quickly and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again! The remodeling of our balconies will be done shortly and I hope you have a chance to see the transformation.

Thank you again and have a fabulous day!

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Albert and Bay has long been our 'home' in the City. We live 45 mins from downtown Ottawa. Sometimes when we just want to get away, or if we are entertaining out of town guests that want to see the city, Albert at Bay is our #1 choice. The suites are very nice and have all the comforts of home even if you do not want to cook for yourself. Having the convenience of a full size refrigerator for drinks or snacks, a microwave and stove is awesome. Just being able to make a cup of tea or coffee is great. There is a convenience store right next door. The restaurant attached is a nice go to place if you don't want to drive or take a taxi. There are also several good choices of eating places all within walking distance. The comfort and convenience make this a great choice for anyone wanting to explore the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel your "home away from home" when you visit Ottawa. There is no better compliment than hearing that we are your #1 choice in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed at the Albert last weekend Nov 17 and Nov 18 after a friend highly recommended it. On opening the door I was surprised to find no bed but a couch. Then realized we had a suite and it really was, living room, dinning area, kitchen with fridge,stove, dishwasher and micro, two bathrooms and yes a bedroom with a bed. The suite was very clean, no odour, the balcony was accessible and the double doors kept out the sound. All this for $119.00 per night. This is by far a bargain. The staff are great and the local is a 20 minute walk away from Parliament Hill and Bytown. My only criticism is that we were told parking was $29 per night but parking is free on the street on weekends and amunicipal lot next door cost us $12 for an over night parking Sunday to Monday morning. Still we would stay here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Prices seem to vary when you stay, make sure to ask about parking
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

I think the title of your review is the absolute favorite that I have seen so far! We are so pleased that you loved our hotel and took the time to share your comments online.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Nation's Capital.

Georgetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

internet performance is very good was able to email large files in no time
room is very big (handicap accessible shower)
very quiet and clean
like the fact that the HVAC fan/blower is near the door - away from the bedroom
people at the front desk are very professional
called for a wake up call and they picked up on the first ring
the Bistro next door is ok, but make sure you ask the front desk for a 'charge card' otherwise you cant put the meal on your room.
tv and cable crystal clear
lots of things nearby to see and to eat at

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your positive experience on Trip Advisor, thank you. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel's staff and amenities.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Usually stay at the Marriott but no vacancy this week so my first at A&B Suites...great stay, wonderful large suites, separate bedroom, two baths, dining area, kitchen, sitting room, two televisions, free underground parking and half the price of other hotels in the area w fewer services

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and delighted that you will be joining us again when you visit Ottawa! The complimentary parking for CAA members is certainly a great bargain to go along with the great value included in all of our rates.

We look forward to your next stay!

ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a special package that included a night's accommoation, free parking, taxis to and fromm the Byward Market and a $75 voucher for dinner. I'd drive past the hotel many times but never thought to check it out. Well I'm glad we did. The lobby is gorgeous. The staff at the front desk and those we met in the halls were very friendly and courteous. The room was HUGE... big kitchen, dining room, living room with a sofa bed, two queen beds (VERY comfy), and nice bathroom. It was all you needed. The balcony was being repaired so we couldn't use it but it was November and who needs to be outside in November anyway! Definitely worth the visit and we have recommended it highly to friends and on Facebook.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AlbertBaySuiteHotel, Front Office Manager at Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel.

WOW! Thank you for such kind words! Our staff follow this site regularly and will be so motivated by your words. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Front Office Manager

Been to Albert at Bay Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!