“Consider earplugs” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Ottawa/Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Ottawa/Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ottawa/Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #34 of 67 hotels in Ottawa
Picton, Canada
“Consider earplugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The Hotel is fine. It is clean and reasonably priced. It looks like it has a nice saltwater pool.
The property includes several large rooms that can be rented for meetings, parties etc. We had the misfortune of sleeping (trying to) in this hotel during a particularly loud dance held in one of these rooms. I called the front desk to complain about it twice. The guy at the desk was pleasant enough about it and he told me that he has spoken to them, but the noise really didn't change.
I would suggest that unless you are having a party yourselves, that you ask for a room on the opposite side of the building from these conference/party rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SRutters, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ottawa/Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your response.
It is on rare occasions that we host a party, but is does happen.
As you noted, we have two wings to the hotel and one would have be quieter than the other.
If any quest would like to inquire about a quieter section we would be happy to accommodate.

Management.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dieppe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions during the past 6 months, for a total of 9 nights. I had no complaints. It's comfortable and convenient - close to everything in Ottawa's west end, but without the high prices of Kanata. It also offers quick access to both 416 and 417 highways, and is only 10-15 minutes easy drive to downtown Ottawa. I want to make particular note of the friendly, helpful staff. They pay attention to you! During my most recent stay, I also had the occasion to meet the manager, and, by chance, the owner too, and it was clear from my encounters that both took a genuine interest in making sure I choose BW Barons again for my next visit to the area. Overall the hotel delivered good value, and a pleasant place to stay. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This was my second trip to the Ottawa area with my family and our second stay at this hotel. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The check in was very quick and they were able to supply us with small items that we have had forgot to pack. The rooms were very clean and the beds are super soft. We had requested a cot for our room during our last stay and it was surprising comfortable and quite roomy. We were on the first floor so had the luxury of patio doors that led to a small area with a picnic table. (for the smokers in our room).

Our favourite part of this hotel is the salt water pool and the hot tub. Clean and plenty of chairs around and the towels are supplied by the front desk.

We'll continue to stay at this hotel when visiting this area as they have the best rates in the area and because of the cleanliness and friendliness.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
SRutters, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ottawa/Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review.

Management
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stay at this hotel when I travel to Ottawa, the front desk staff have been pleasant to deal with and very helpful. The beds are comfortable and the rooms I have had were updated. The hotel is older and the shell may not look the best but the service and staff are great. The location is central and easy to get to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

just stayed 3 nights at this Hotel. The first morning we go to take a shower and there is no hot water. Not good. We mention it and wouldnt you know it the next morning still cold water. Because the hotel is full we cant move to another room. I complained agin the next day and they said they had it fixed when we returned. We checked it and it seemed like it was fixed but the next morning it was cold water only again. Upon check out I complained and the staff said that she would let the manager know and let me know what they could do for me. I loaded my car and came back and she told me she couldnt get in touch with manager. I said well I have to leave so I need something for my inconvenience my family for 3 days with no hot water. By the way the room wasnt cheap, it was something like 146 a night. She said she had no authority to do anything. I was irate but had to leave as we had a 5 hour drive ahead of us. I gave her my cell phone number to give to manager so he could call me. A few hours pass and no call. I called back and was told that the manager is off on sunday so he wont even be calling me until monday. Unbelievable. No one there to deal with me and so they just charge my card the full amount and dont deal with the problem. By the way, as I write this review, I still have not been called by the manager. I even left a voicemail on his office phone.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
SRutters, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ottawa/Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for your time and response. As mentioned in our phone conversations I was away from the hotel for a few days. When I returned, a discount was applied to you credit cards. I will also let you know that we did find the hot water issue and have fixed that.

Shawn
Front Office Manager.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

From the time we walked into this hotel the service was lousy. The young ladies were not very friendly, actually downright rude. The night staff which were men were great. As we walked into lobby there was no elevator and while waiting for men to bring our belongings up the stairs, I seen 2 bugs crawling along baseboards. We then proceeded to walk into our room to find dirty carpets that were in desperate need of washing and none the less vacuuming. Then I walked into bathroom to find toothpaste all over the counter and then turned around to see a dirty toilets. Where the seat and lid join was all yellow...looked like someone had urined all over and all the had done was wipe. Into the crevices you need more than that. Then we noticed that the ceiling was all full of yellow spots to find out in the morning that the ventilation was not working. There was so much humidity after one shower that the whole ceiling was dripping yellow fluid. It was so bad you had to cover your head to get my things out of the bathroom. And of course my good while shirt was covered in yellow stains. They did change us rooms when we called them up but made it look like they had no idea there had been a problem. It was obvious from when we walked into that room that there had been problems in the bathroom before. There was many complaints from the majority of our team from yellow stains on sheets to body fluids on comforters and to towels that didn't even smell freshly washed. In the morning we went and asked if they had napkins or anything cause we had brought some breakfast things to eat and they gave us plates that had dried up yellow stuff on them which made our decision really easy about whether or not to even consider eating at that restaurant. I forgot to mention that once they changed us rooms, there was this big round rusted thing that was left in our room not sure what it was but there was just so many things that was wrong with this hotel. I have stayed in alot of hotels with my son playing on a travelling team for soccer and hockey and have never seen a hotel like this. I have pictures to even back up all my claims. I was so not impressed with this hotel!! And I can't forget when I complained the hotel gave us a $25.00 credit!! For the price they charged us for the room you could get alot better for a cheaper rate!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We had a plesant experience at this hotel. Hotel was clean, neighbourhood was good, staffs were helpful, pool was nice and well maintained, check in was easy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ottawa/Kanata Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!