“Great Rooms, service and location!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersSilver level
toronto
“Great Rooms, service and location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed 4 nights on business at the Best Western Victoria suites in Ottawa. Loved the location within walking distance of all downtown landmarks, restaurants and shopping. Generous sized one bedroom suite with kitchen appointment. Loved the juliette balcony doors and windows being able to open on a nice sunny day! Housekeeping do a superb job on this property...super clean! Breakfast buffet included makes for an easy start in the morning at this hotel. Service in all departments was excellent. Would highly recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear emmabriscoe,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Your feed back is very much appreciated and it sounds like you very much enjoyed your time in Ottawa. Your thoughts will go a long way towards assiting other guests when chosing accomodations in downtown Ottawa.
I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

First impressions both by photo and when you arrive outside the Suites do not do it justice. I encountered a vey slick check-in ahead of a 4 night stay while on a business trip. The rooms are of one standard - 2 very comfortable double beds, clean and well supplied bathroom with views of the city (not a selling point). As I was working, the Suites provide an excellent central base for work. Downtown nightlife is a 20 minute walk in a city that feels safe if not that remarkable. The staff were charming and helpful while the rudimentary breakfast meets the needs of the average traveller. A good experience and bag storage for late departures is readily available.

Top food place: The Keg - probably the best steak I have enjoyed in all my 35 years of travel combined with excellent and intelligent service - go for the restaurant rather than the bar experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Richard M,

I would like to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your check in process was efficient.
It would seem as well that you were able to take in some culture around our area and that was great to see as well.

I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to our neighborhood again.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

September 2013 I attended the Television Animation Conference which was hosted at the Museum of Nature in Ottawa. I found one of the closest hotels to the Museum as I wanted to roll our of bed and be at the conference with no rushing around. I booked at the Best Western Plus Victoria Park Suites. I was very happy with my room which had a separate bedroom with King Bed, 2 TVs, a kitchenette, and whirlpool tub. The complimentary breakfasts were really nice and coffee was excellent (which is not something I usually find in hotels) The neighborhood is great as it's just a short walk to either Bank Street of Elgin Street - and the Rideau Canal is only a 15 minute walk away. I used to live in this neighborhood as a teenager and it is a really nice part of Ottawa. I highly recommend this hotel especially if you are traveling with friends who want to share a room. There is a pull-out sofa bed in the living room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear SurvivorRoom305,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. The detailed recount of your time with us is very much appreciated and will be very useful for future guests looking to make an informed decision on where to stay while in Ottawa.
I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed our neighborhood!

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the Nation's Capital!

Front Office Manager.
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The rooms are reasonably large, well equipped, very traditional, not stylish in any way. So is the bathroom.
This hotel hits the demands of cost sensitive travelers. Nothing special, good mattresses and an arsenal of different types of pillows... really impressive.

Somewhat negative is the fact that you cannot open the window far enough to exchange the air in the room reasonable fast.
When I entered my room (5th floor) it had a bad smell and such an open window would have helped.
Once I wanted to take a shower around 8am but the water went cold very quickly and did not heat up - so - no shower in the rush hour. Did not happen at nights though.

Good hotel with a very very basic breakfast at a reasonable price in Ottawa, although quite remote from the market area with bars and restaurants, etc.

Dear lonesomerider,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your feed back.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed our pillow menu; a little something different that many of our travellers have come to love.
I was sorry to read that you found a bad smell in your room. I have informed our housekeeping manager of this to look into it further. As well I was troubled to read that you were not provided with enough hot water to take a shower. If this does happen please do let us know right away so that we are able to rectify the issue immediately.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Ottawa.

Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located reasonable walking distance from the parliament buildings and Byward market, and is across from the newly renovated and revamped Museum of Natural History (which is free Thursday nights). It is also right near bike rentals, Rama Lotus yoga studio, and lots of great restaurants and shops. It has underground parking for an extra fee. The breakfast is ample with a variety of hot or cold options. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and our 5th floor room had a good view. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view and are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear janadian3,

It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you will return to us again on your next trip to Ottawa.

Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is situated nicely in Ottawa, just a couple of blocks away from a ton of restaurants. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The free breakfast is a nice touch. The rooms were clean and perfect for a single business traveler.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
VictoriaParkSuites, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear adharris0915,

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel including our friendly staff! We appreciate your comments and hope that you will return to us again on your next visit to the Nation's Capital!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We recently completed our 5th stay at the hotel, and its pretty much the same but there are a few things that need improvement.
The policy is that towels on the floor need to be washed. I noticed that the mat that is placed in front of the shower was not replaced despite it being on the floor and having an obvious stain. The stain was cause by me so I expected since it was so noticeable e it would have been changed. Nope, it w as flipped over, not good. It mad me wonder about the towels, if they were just folded and put back.
While comfortable for some the beds were too short and too soft for me. I sat in the chair because my back ached. I am not sure if there are options regarding mattresses, but a firmer mattress would be nice.
The breakfast was fine and staff while not friendly did their best to keep up with people and the demand. It would be nice if guests did not crowd around the toaster area, but that is a reflection off guest rudeness and not staff.
Front desk staff were for the most part helpful. Parking is very tight, but we are used to it and luckily found a spot and parked the car for the weekend.
Would I stay here again, probably but I will be looking around for other options as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Vidaltravel,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very much appreciated.
I was troubled to read that you had issues with the replacements of our towels each day. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping manager so he may follow up as to why this might have occured.
As well, i'm sorry to hear that you found our mattresses to be uncomfortable. Although we don't offer a selection of mattresses we can offer a bedboard to be put under the mattress which can make the mattress more firm. It can simply be requested at the time of reservation.
I'm sorry that you encountered unfriendly staff in our breakfast room. I have forwarded your comments to the Banquet Manager to follow up with his team.
We do hope that you will chose to join us again on your next visit to Ottawa and if I can be of further assistance personally please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I can be reached at 613.288.0986 or by email at andrew@victoriapark.com.

Front Office Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Victoria Park Suites? Share your experiences!