“Great service. Very good food. Would go back any day.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steak Modern - Steak & Sushi

Steak Modern - Steak & Sushi
87 Clarence Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5P5, Canada (Byward Market Area)
+1 613-695-8787
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #399 of 2,223 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Steak Modern - A modern twist on the classic steakhouse. A chic and lively room provides the canvas for this engaging experience. The masterpiece begins with Certified Angus steaks that are cut in-house and brushed with global inspired flavours. Adding to the pallette is high quality sushi that draws regulars from far beyond the city. Completing the composition is an extensive list of craft cocktails lovingly built with fresh ingredients and guaranteed to be memorable.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great service. Very good food. Would go back any day.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We went there for my birthday because i had received a coupon for a free entree. All but one enjoyed their meal very much. the one person had an over cooked steak but it was still good. the deserts were also fantastic. Our server was very friendly and attentive but it wasn't very busy. The drinks were very good except mine i had a caesar with dill pickle, no one at our table liked it but it seemed like an acquired taste. Definitely a good night.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Great Steak and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was in Ottawa this past weekend and my 5 girflriends and I decided to try out Steak on Saturday night. My experience there is what prompted me to write this review. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was excellent. The staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable about the food and wine. I am no wine buff, but the staff recommendations were great and they have an impressive selection to choose from.
We were not planning to stay there past dinner, but the great atmosphere, and great DJ, plus the amazing martinis meant were were there all night.
Steak is right in the heart of the Byward Market and a really great place to go to for Steak with your girlfriends and to just hang out and catch up. The atmosphere is friendly and fun and late night DJ makes it a place you don't want to leave. I loved the martinis too.
I will definitley go back next time I am in town!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michaela A, Director of Marketing at Steak Modern - Steak & Sushi, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hi Amanda!

First of all, thank you for visiting us at Steak Modern Steakhouse recently. The fact that you took the time out of your day to write such a lovely review of your dining experience with us means so much. We are always aiming to provide a great night out to all of our guests and we're happy that we were able to deliver that to you.

We look forward to hosting you during future visits to the ByWard Market. Have a wonderful afternoon.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“I was expecting something better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went there with a large group of colleagues. Service was friendly and attentive so 10 out of 10 there...I was surprised to see so many tv screens in the restaurant....fine in the bar area but I didn't think it suited the main restaurant. The food was ok, my salmon was a little over cooked as we're some of the steaks that others had. It was average because it looked like a place that would deliver higher quality food. I still enjoyed it but it was expensive but they just have been because we had a half bottle of wine each.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michaela A, Director of Marketing at Steak Modern - Steak & Sushi, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hi Saimanjai,

Thank you so much for stopping by Steak Modern Steakhouse Lounge recently. While I'm happy to hear that you found the service to be friendly and attentive, it is disheartening to hear that the food did not match the outstanding service. Your comments are so important to us and will be brought up to management.

We would love the opportunity to turn your negative experience around, so if you are interested in returning to Steak, please contact our general manager, Breanne Wenek at bwenek@ottawavenues.com.
UK
“Great meals...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a meal here in August with my wife and cousin. Very good meals and drinks at reasonable prices. It's smack in the middle of the town centre and a good place to watch time go by.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi burkeybond,

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at Steak Modern Steakhouse Lounge and we look forward to hosting you again!
Orillia, Canada
“Nice atmosphere - average food for a steak house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located in the heart of the Byward Market, visited this restaurant on the recomendation of our hotel. The atmosphere within the restaurant is very nice and well there was an abundance of attentive servers, the kitchen staff struggle to keep pace with the orders. We had a large group and while we didn't expect speedy service (it's a steak house not a fast food shop) the amount was time between ordering and service was significant.

The food was fine, however not great given the cost. If you're on a budget, you will be disappointed as every item you add to your meal comes at extra cost. Do you wish beans, mushrooms or asparagus? That will be extra cost. Therefore my average assessment is based on a comparision with other steak houses offering similar product at the same cost.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi mpsrent,

Thank you for visiting us at Steak modern Steakhouse recently. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and attentive service, however, your comments regarding the slow wait time and food will certainly be brought to the attention of management. We never aim to be average or mediocre, but rather, hope to provide an outstanding dining experience to all of our guests, in groups big and small.

We do hope that you'll return to Steak. We'd love the opportunity to display our full potential to you, so if you are interested, please contact our general manager, Breanne Wenek, at bwenek@ottawavenues.com.