“Turkish hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Turkish hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have had several lovely meals in this quiet resataurant amid the mostly Italian fare on Preston street. Decor is lovely. Service is friendly and attentive and the food is always delicious. The Turkish coffee is the best and the baclava is melt in your mouth sweet ecstasy!

• Visited August 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Good food, spotty service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm a bit torn about this restaurant. We had a good experience visiting with a large group. The food is very good, with the Turkish food done very well. The appetizer dip platter was excellent, and the pita was fresh. I had the lamb platter which was also quite good (although you can't really go wrong with barbecue lamb). The baklava was definitely one of the best in the city. The belly dancing was fun.

Service wasn't great, however. When we arrived, there were at least 2 parties who were turned away and told that their reservations were lost (despite them both parties having reserved a few days earlier). You definitely need reservations, as this restaurant isn't large, and is quite busy. I would advise calling the day of your reservation to confirm that they haven't lost it. While the restaurant was apologetic, the parties were not offered free meals or anything else for their next visit. Our server was slow and a bit absent minded.

I would definitely return for the food, but I hope they get their service issues resolved.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg
“You must go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Quite by accident, we came across this gem of a restaurant, somewhat oddly located just beyond an archway emblazoned with "Welcome to Little Italy". A huge banner indicated this restaurant was "now open for lunch", so we gave it a try. We were the only patrons there at that time of day (quarter to noon), and selected seats at the two-table patio where we enjoyed a leisurely lunch while watching the world go by.

Other reviewers have already commented on the excellent quality of the food and the service...our service was excellent, which would be expected when we are the only people there, so I won't say much about that. I will instead comment on the nice touches, like a linen tablecloth on an outdoor table. Elegant napkin rings which I discovered echoed touches throughout the restaurant. Little details like that are not always attended to, but do not go unnoticed.

A genuine Turkish menu, Kofte Burger, Adana Kebab on Lavas Bread...and Efes Turkish beer. A wonderful little restaurant, and I highly recommend a visit!

“Excellent Turkish Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

It was the first time I've been to the restaurant and I went there with my mother. We ordered their sampler appetizer, which gives you a taste of each one of their appetizers on the menu. For the main dish I have one the chefs special which is mixture of beef a lamb grilled on charcoal and served with rice, potato's and veg...(the portion are very big as well). My mother had one of their vegetarian dishes, which is a mixture of grilled veg with rice and potato's. The service was extremely professional, friendly and very helpful and the atmosphere was quaint and comfortable. I would recommend that if anyone want to try Turkish food for the first time to go too this restaurant. I will be going back again.

Toronto, Ontario
“Great little restaurant however service was slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a Saturday night and there were a few large groups already seated when we arrived. Unfortunately, it took quite awhile for anybody to come to our table after we were seated to take our drink order. It looked like the staff were running ragged trying to keep up with all the tables.

We ordered a platter with different dips which was excellent! However, we ran out of pita bread and it took a good 15 minutes to get some more.

I did enjoy all the food we ordered however be aware that on busy nights the service may be slow.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere