“Best bagel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kettleman's Bagel Company

Kettleman's Bagel Company
912 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (The Glebe / Dow's Lake)
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 2,218 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Bagels
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: The Glebe / Dow's Lake
Description: 613-567-7100, phone. Some reviews: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/250/1432230/restaurant/The-Glebe/Kettlemans-Bagel-Co-Ottawa
India
“Best bagel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went there in the morning. Bagels were handmade. They had a big oven. I travelled all the way after seeing the review. The bagels are the best I have ever tasted. I had the spicy vegetarian bagel. The cream cheese was excellent. I strongly recommend to those love bagels and visiting Ottawa

Visited November 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The bagels here can be good, although in my humble opinion they are not equivalent to the quality found at some of the Montreal bagel bakeries. However, I do find that I never know what I am going to get when I order some bagels at Kettleman's: sometimes they are very fresh and soft (and well worth the purchase), other times they are not fresh, and even a bit hard.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC
“I miss Montreal style bagels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A favourite spot from growing up in Ottawa. I try to drop by every time I am in town. My favourite is the Vegetarian on a toasted onion bagel but also love the Kettleman's Special, Roast Pork and the Breakfast Bagel. Day olds are a great bargain.

Visited May 2012
Cambridge, Canada
“Montreal style bagels in Ottawa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Delicious Montreal-style (dense, sweet, chewy) bagels served with fixin's in Ottawa. I am a big fan. It is much cheaper to buy a half dozen and some cream cheese (by weight) and spread it yourself than to buy a sandwich, plus they are pretty heavy handed with the cream cheese imho.
Open 24 hours!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Neat to see them make the bagels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Parking spaces are limited for the popularity of this bagel place. The sandwiches are pricey but good. Only cash - no credit cards accepted. Kids (and adults) would enjoy seeing how they make the bagels right in front of you and the whole process up to placing them in long rows in the open oven and flipping them by rows with a very long board. I usually make a stop here on my trips to Ottawa.

Visited September 2012