“Good location, easy to walk anywhere” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   361 Queen Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7S9, Canada (Formerly Delta Ottawa Hotel and Suites) (Byward Market Area)   |
Ranked #39 of 67 hotels in Ottawa
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Good location, easy to walk anywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for just the one night on a Titan tour. Very comfortable and an excellent location for the pedestrian area where lots of restaurants are located if you go out of the back entrance. It also won't take you more than 10 minutes to walk to the main tourists areas. Our room was at the side and looked over an old church and in the distance you could see the river. I'm not sure that any of the rooms will have a brilliant view though.

There is more than one set of elevators, if you think you have walked along endless corridors have a look for the other elevator one was situated right at the end of the corridor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KTurpin, Manager at The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience throught the Expedia site. We are glad you enjoyed our central location and found it easy to walk to all the sites and attractions of downtown Ottawa. We hope to welcome you back to The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa in the future.

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This great hotel is only blocks to the Parliament Buildings and Sparks Street. There is a fabulous pool and water slide for very happy and excited kids, which it was clear they enjoyed immensely!
We had a one bedroom suite which was huge, had a comfortable bed and pillows, and a little balcony...perfect for families...with a fridge, microwave and dining room table. The movies were a tad expensive, but the wireless Internet worked well. They are also ready for some modern flat screen tv's but all in all, it was food value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a one bedroom on a high floor facing the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review through the Tripadvisor site. We were pleased to learn you enjoyed our central location for site-seeing and shopping, and that your children enjoyed the pool and two-storey waterslide! Families usually appreciate the extra space and convenience of a one or two-bedroom suites and we are glad the accommodations suited your family's needs. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon!
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked this mini-vacation through Ottawa Tourism and left home hoping for the best.After a long drive to Ottawa, we were happily surprised at our check-in experience where, when they realized I was deaf, our check-in person immediately started signing in ASL! This has never happened before, and I was totally impressed! When we got to our room, saw the view and everything, we felt as if it was so cozy and what a great view we had! We got a map of the downtown core and it was explained to me how to get everywhere the best way and when I needed some tickets printed out they were so helpful and willing to do that for me! The only negative about this place is the Mystique restaruant's breakfast buffet. For $20 each, I expected more choices, and not worth the one plate I had that filled me up quickly. However, the attention given to us was really nice to see so the issue about food prices was forgotten quickly. This hotel is located a 5 minute walk from Parliament Hill, and about 20 minutes from the Byward Market, and 8 minutes from the double decker bus tour (a must-do!). There are many restaruants nearby within walking distance, although there seemed to be more pubs than family-restaruants, but no matter, the experience was still great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KTurpin, Manager at The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review on the Tripadvisor site. I was pleased to learn of the warm welcome you received on arrival, and that you found guest services and our food & beverage team friendly and helpful throughout your stay. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel over the weekend of August 24th and I absolutely loved it. It was centrally located and the rooms were clean and the staff friendly. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor with a view of the river. It was absolutely beautiful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for offering your feedback on the Tripadvisor site. We were pleased you enjoyed our central location and found the rooms clean and staff very friendly. We certainly appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Unfortunately I'm checking out first thing in the morning due to bedbugs in my rooms. I caught the one that bit me and 4 of his friends.

Otherwise, the location is great - a cab from the train station took less than 5 minutes. There's a Tim Horton's just across the road which makes me very happy. The hotel room was a great price and if I was a tourist it would be a great location.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1504.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
KTurpin, General Manager at The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention allowing us the opportunity to follow up immediately. Unfortunately bed bugs have become a real concern for the travel industry. They can be spread through hotels, airplanes, luggage, public transportation, even theatre seats. The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa have procedures in place to detect and prevent the spread of pests. Room Attendants are trained to inspect guestrooms on a daily basis. To ensure the prevention of an infestation remains a top priority amongst our staff, training is revisited monthly. In addition, the hotel works with an independent pest control contractor to ensure rooms are inspected on a regular basis.

Our reputable pest control contractor has completed a thorough inspection of the guestroom in question and found no evidence of an infestation in the room. I would appreciate discussing this matter in greater detail, including the comments and follow up of our pest control contractor, if you would like to contact me directly.

Jason Trottier
The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Walking distance to everywhere. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The room was like an apartment, and we had 4 sets of dishes with a sink. Loved the fridge, able to bring snacks and live like we usually do. Restaurant prices on site VERY expensive. The pool was cold and the deep end too deep for my 6 year old. The hot tub beside the pool is something I look for. The waterslide was a nice addition. I loved going to the currency museum just down the road and overlooking the river and parliament buildings. I loved that we could walk everywhere and we felt safe. The kids had the bedroom adn their own tv, we had the sofabed and the tv, and the breakfast table and kitchen area was open concept but we felt like we had a full apartment unit....I would recommend this place to anyone (and have).. however, they got 2 beds side by side and not the size of a room we had and felt the utensils were inadequate (2 sets) due to overbooking on the 1 bedroom units..... I;d insist as a family to stay in the full apartment units. it;s worth the extra few dollars.

Room Tip: ask to view parliament side. our suite was a corner suite, 1 bedroom which was wonderful....it is on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience through the Tripadvisor site. We are pleased to learn that you found the hotel location convenient to all of the sites and attractions the City of Ottawa has to offer, and that your Family enjoyed the roominess of the suite. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We are pleased to offer different room types including premium rooms, studio rooms with wet bars, and one or two bedroom suites. The room type can be confirmed when placing your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My family if 4 stayed there for the Victoria Day long weekend. Great location, really close to everything one would like to see in Ottawa. We asked for a room on the Northern side, which gave us a view of the Ottawa river and the Parlament. Staff is very friendly and accomodating, professionally handled all our requests. I noticed many families with kids of different ages. Our kids liked the restaurant in the lobby section, service was very good. folks at the bar are great, quickly prepared for me a cheese plate for the room at 10pm...
Keep in mind that parking is extra, but the price is very reasonable and it is a daily rate which means you can get in and out as many times as you like. The hotel has an elevator down to the garage.
I will defitely recomend this place.

• Stayed May 2012
KTurpin, Manager at The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa. We were pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa? Share your experiences!