“Not As Good As Expected” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 2,214 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Barbeque like ottawa has never seen, till now.
Cornwall, Canada
“Not As Good As Expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After reading the positive reviews and also being fans of genuine BBQ ribs we stopped here on an early Saturday afternoon.

The first thing I noticed was that there wasn't an overly distinctive smell of that smoked BBQ in the air outside and even when inside the restaurant it was not really noticable either. Service was good but then again it was not busy at that time of the afternoon.

As for our meals, my St. Louis Cut Pork Ribs full rack ($26.00) did not bowl me over, they didn't have that distinctive smoky BBQ flavor I like and they were a bit tough, not fall off the bone like I've had other places. My wife had the Beef Back Ribs full rack ($24.00) and my same comments apply to her's also as well as the fact that they advertise these ribs are HUGE but really they aren't any larger that you can buy at a grocery store meat counter. My wife liked the french fries and coleslaw sides but I found the BBQ beans didn't taste like real BBQ, they had more of a tangy as opposed to BBQ'y flavor.

Overall the meal wasn't awful, I'd say Average to just Poor although it's a fairly safe bet we won't return but will instead wait for our trip(s) south of the border for better BBQ'd ribs.

Value for $$ (No)...Recommended (Not really)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gatineau, Canada
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Ate there last Sunday. Experienced the best food ever and even better service. I would recommend this place to anyone. Great Job!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food and the best service in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My hubby and I have come to love D and S and are known to stop there every couple of weeks. We have come to love the food, as well as, Cheryl and the crew. We're treated like family and no request is ever too much. Always accommodating, always gracious. The food - to die for.

Keep up the great work!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Exquisite smokey flavour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Satisfying tastes and smells and a comfortable atmosphere. The menu offers a good variety and the food will definitely please. Smokey goodness in so many delicious flavours. Gotta try this place - you won't be disappointed .

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Authentic Texas BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I heard about this place and read the reviews here, so after my son's hockey game in Blackburn we decided to give it a whirl. First off, the place was packed and we were lucky to get seating for 8 without reservations.

I've been in this building before, and I can tell you it has been TOTALLY renovated -- no remnants of the prior business.

The food was excellent, if you like authentic Texas BBQ I'd say this is as close as you're going to get in the Ottawa area. My wife and I shared the Good Luck Platter (40.00). This included the armadillo eggs, wings, beef and pork ribs, smoked chicken. The sides were equally as good -- creamy coleslaw and the beans.

Kids menu was only 7.00 and portions were also large - great value.

Fun place to go and a great wait staff. I would recommend without hesitation if you like authentic Texas BBQ.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere