“More than what we've expected !” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“More than what we've expected !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed there during the month of June last year and really enjoyed it !
The staff at checkin was very professionnal. The hotel smells fresh and clean, same thing for the rooms, they are spacious and beds comfortable.
Everytime we would call the front desk to request something they we're always able to help us. I mean I work at a holiday inn and the service was beyond expectations. Had book two rooms and requested a king size bed and the other room with two double beds, and my request was honored, had both rooms facing each other on the 5th floor as I remember, and the view was nice when looking out the window.
As a pc member received my express check out under the door :) The breakfast was just good we also liked enjoying the pool until 11pm. I promise to return there if employee rate is available pretty soon ! Thanks to the staff who made it memorable and relaxing to us STAY REAL !

Ms.Juliassaint from YULCD

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here for a month long so I was able to notice the small things that they do wrong here and the few things they do right.

Bed: It's nothing special... Not really comfortable but not a couch. They do have two choices of pillows (Firm or Soft) which are labeled on the pillow case which is nice. The reading lights are too high so when reading in bed you can see the light bulb since the shade isn't large enough. The comforter is O.K., this bed is near the bottom of the ones I've been in.

Room in General: Thermostat is very good and is set to temp and reacts instantly to setting. This is a big plus for me. Furniture is good enough and there is plenty of storage. The internet cuts in and out but so far its pretty good. The TV is mounted on the wall and the HDMI input is not accessible which is intentional by the staff. They will not unlock the mount to rotate the TV to plug in any gaming system... This was a big negative for me since I am here for a month and they aren't willing to do this for someone who is spending $4,000 in their hotel.

Room Service: This is a gamble, for the first week of my stay it was outstanding and for the second, it was terrible...

Bathroom: The best thing about this room is that the bathroom has a lot of floor space. It is not cramped at all and it even has shelfs for storage in the bathroom! The shower curtain is too short so if you're not paying attention, water will go everywhere... There is just a basic shower/tub combo and the water is nice and hot if you wish. The soap, shampoo, and conditioner are no-name holiday inn brand and not that great so bring your own. Most hotels now a days have brand name personal care products which would be nice...

This hotel also does not have a "Green" Laundry program... This means they have no way of identifying that you don't need your towels cleaned with the rest of the room. I don't like to waste water this way so I am forced to put the "Do not clean" tag on my door which means none of my room gets cleaned...

There is no restaurant, the gym is minimal, the pool is very small, and the breakfast is not healthy or well stocked... But you do get a Globe and Mail every day...

Parking is good, but the separate entrance at the north end of the building does not lock until late at night so the building is not very secure or well monitored.

In conclusion: This is the basic hotel by definition, nothing special at all and as a club member who is staying here for a month, I kind of expected something for all my business...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Yogi-man65,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what feel below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced due to the room accommodations and hotel facilities. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel over the Christmas holidays. I found the hotel to be a great basic hotel. The location was okay for what I wanted it for, there is public transit but easier to travel around with a car. It is about a 20 min drive to downtown Ottawa. The hotel was clean, in a safe location, quiet and the staff were friendly. There was a complimentary breakfast however I didn’t not eat there so I cannot judge the quality of the breakfast. Price was reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. The rooms were average size and very clean and free wi-fi in the rooms. Beds were very comfortable not much of a view but there isn’t much to see in that part of town anyway. The bathroom was clean, I found the lightening to be very dim (which makes it hard for make-up wearers), I didn’t use the bath but the shower was fine and the shower head was made for tall people (I’m 5’11” and had no issues). I also liked the shelving they had in the bathroom it allowed a place for toiletries without cluttering the counter area. I would stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here for a night on a visit to family who live mainly in the west end of Ottawa so this location was ideal for us. it is a little out of the way if you are looking to see the sights etc in the Ottawa core. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and you had a choice of either firm or soft pillows.
The breakfast area was large and beautifully decorated and the food was fine.
We enjoyed the heated pool and the hot tub- we did not try the exercise room but it looked good.
The senior rate was the best I could find on line and I felt I got value for my money. However, hotels in the Ottawa area are pricey and this one was not exception.
I will stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

the rooms were clean. fast and easy to get too lots of parking quiet without hockey teams. we stayed 3 in a room big and spacious, needed a little bit more tawols. we asked and recieved. hot tub was a little dirty but it wasen't too bad. reasonable price. :) over all great stay. gps has hard time finding it because of the new address.

• Stayed January 2013
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

A little bit off the motorway, nice hotel for business or family travel. Have stayed here many nights for business, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and safe. Wifi works good, breakfast bar is the standard Holiday Inn Express fare. Bottom line, a nice, quiet place to rest.

Stayed November 2012
ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place was easy to find and had lots of parking. However after finding out we booked through Hotwire.com, we felt like we were treated differently. We arrived in our room to find the bill for the previous occupant still in the room which we pretty much ignored and settled in. When we had issues with our toilet, we made a call to the front desk. They informed us the staff had left for the evening and we were welcome to come get the plunger and fix the problem ourselves. When we inquired about this in the morning, we were told they could not help us out due to our booking with Hotwire and if we had complains, we should take it to them. We were not impressed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear eightysix,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I am truly sorry for the troubles you had during your visit and deeply regret the shortcomings you have encountered in your room. Our goal is to give value to each and every guest regardless of how their reservation was made and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for we have failed to provide you the highest level of service that you deserve.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa West - Nepean? Share your experiences!