Recently stayed there on a course. You got what you payed for. Rooms are ok, good bed though. Access to phones, internet service, both cable and wireless as well as TV's in each bedroom. Good size fridge. No utensils in the kitchen Very basic breakfast down stairs, not what you expect by Australian standards but it was ok. There are washing machines and dryers - you need a card that you put credit on to use them. That is avaialable at the reception and easily topped up with more credit if needed. Little shop/mini supermarket in the foyer was ok and had what you needed if you where short on anything. Benifit of the location is that there is a 24 supermarket with in walking distance, McDonald's,Tim Horton's coffee shop and a nice restaurant for dinner close by.
There is a bus terminal not far from the building that takes you all the way into town for $3.70. Tip is that you need exact money, no change will be given. I would recommend that you buy a multi use pass or a all day pass. I used it to travel into town and onto a few tourist destinations.
Front desk is open 24hrs and the staff there are excellent. They are very friendly and helpful.
Lots of group booking so beware if you do not want to share with a 1000 kids. Ask to be put on the 5th floor. You got what you paid for. No issue and enjoyed the stay.
- Also Known As:
- Algonquin College Residence Hotel Ottawa
- Algonquin College Residence Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located at Woodroffe Avenue and Baseline just off of the 417 Highway Exit 127. We are only minutes from the Ottawa International Airport, Fallowfield Train Station, downtown and most major attractions. Experience Ottawa’s rich culture and history including Parliament Hill, The National Arts Centre, The National Art Gallery, seasonal festivals, and National museums. Enjoy the outdoors by visiting the world famous Rideau Canal, Major’s Hill Park, the Byward Market and the many hiking and wilderness areas. Suites are available from May through August. All of our suites have two spacious & private guest bedrooms, each with a double bed. Our suites offer excellent value and convenience for all our guests. With two separate bedrooms in each suite, guests are easily afforded their privacy. Each of our suites comfortably sleeps four guests. Each suite also includes its own private kitchenette complete with microwave and refrigerator. Your kitchenette allows you to dine in and save the added expense of going out. Heading out anyway? Why not bring some snacks back with you and keep them in the fridge for later? Each suite has its own three-piece bathroom with towels, soap and shampoo. Relax after a long day and watch some television, catch up on the news, or check your email, all while enjoying the comforts of an air conditioned suite. If you need to use a phone, there is one provided in each of the bedrooms of your suite. All local calls are free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Algonquin College Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.