“AVOID if possible.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Traveller's Haven Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Traveller's Haven Motel
2747 Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3H1, Canada   |
Ranked #40 of 66 hotels in Ottawa
Sudbury, Canada
“AVOID if possible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

SHEETS WERE FULL OF HAIR. We were on the move,it was late midnight and were tired. Desk staff showed us another room, worst than first. We were offered clean sheets, barely cleaner, no hair but heavily stained. We would have left except being after midnight. Would have opted for car if it were warmer. Being old and a little run down is one thing, being dirty is another thing completely. Two lamps in the room, on bulb, it has never been dusted. Oh, one final thing, the internet is not available in all rooms as promised. Poor signal, unable to connect using phone and two laptops. Not quite sure if the room rates being the worst room ever, too close to call. Lesson learned, never stay anywhere without reading the reviews.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TravellersHaven, Owner at Traveller's Haven Motel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Scotian25,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments as we take these very serious and appreciate your feedback. While 2013 has been a busy year for us with renovations, purchasing all new furniture, all new beds and installing better wireless internet connections, I was surprised and disappointed of course to read that there was hair on your sheets. I am sorry for that. I promise you all linen is always washed daily by our staff but nevertheless, due to a substantial increase in our business since our renovations, we decided this summer to sub contract all of our linen out to an independent laundry firm. We hope that the next time you’re in Ottawa, you give us another try and witness firsthand all of our recent upgrades. I'd also like to add that I apologize for the delay in answering your comment, I have no excuse for that but will try and make it up to you in your next stay should you ever decide to give us another try sometime.

Yours Sincerely,

Travellers Haven Motel

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

What a great find, right off the main route into Ottawa, fast to get in and out of. Yes, its old and a bit run down, but thats the charm of a roadside motel. The staff are very warm and inviting. Nothing bad to say about this place, its the place when you need a spot late in the night and don't want to have to get the same old run-around from the bigger hotels...

Room Tip: Try the cabins, right next to the river.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Gloucester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

Were it not for the fact that it was 2am and I needed to get off the road to sleep, I would have instead slept in my car. For $100 (taxes), you'll get muddy carpets, damaged walls, rusted out fridges and baseboard heaters and a complimentary bottle of water because the water is undrinkable due to the high levels of salt. The bed was decent, but I avoided everything else. Told the front desk that I was not happy and the best they could do is tell me they would tell management. Avoid if you can. Your car is a better alternative.

• Stayed March 2012
TravellersHaven, Owner at Traveller's Haven Motel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Zacatti,

I’m embarrassed and truly apologize for your unpleasant stay not to mention my inexcusable delay in my response time to you. Obviously, things needed changing and actions do speak louder than words, so let me explain what’s been done since your last stay.

All rooms and private cabins have since been renovated, along with ALL new furniture and beds in each and every room and private cabin as of August/2013. As far as the high levels of salt in our water, while it’s always been completely safe and tested monthly as per the Ministry of Ontario water act, we decided it was time to take a chance on a new well and I have to say, we hit the jackpot with the results of the water analysis by an Ottawa water testing company that’s licensed by Ontario’s MOE for specific tests in drinking water. Mr. Zacatti, we obviously value your comments, as they did ,contribute to us taking a chance on a new well , (after 26 years in operation) which is up and running as of this month. (We still however provide a bottled water in every room for customer convenience, as well as complimentary fresh coffee and muffins in the morning)

To show our appreciation of your comments, should you ever find yourself in the Ottawa area again, the staff and I would like to offer you a complimentary one night stay for you to experience all of our new upgrades.

Sincerely Yours,

Travellers Haven Motel
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Only thing good about this hotel, was that the staff were friendly (not knowledgeable of the area mind you) but friendly. Rooms smell of smoke and are musty/moldy. Carpets are extremely stained. Windows in rooms did not lock! Walls had stains on them that I'd rather not make assumptions as to what they were. I was afraid to let our children walk on the floor without shoes on. The only reason we stayed here was because there was not another room available (big Marathon weekend in the city of Ottawa) anywhere in the city! Hate to leave negative comments, but we will never stay here again. Oh lastly, they told us the pool was open, but it was not even filled with water.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
TravellersHaven, Owner at Traveller's Haven Motel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Wary Traveller001,

I apologize in every way,…..from your unpleasant stay to my unacceptable response time of your review. Your appreciated comments caused me to renovate each and every room and private cabin, including buying ALL new furniture and beds for each and every room and private cabin that arrived only weeks ago. We’ve also recently converted ALL of our rooms and private cabins to NON SMOKING ONLY. Just this week we connected the motel to a newly drilled water source of which the water quality is excellent. Unfortunately our pool is not yet open, but we do plan on re-opening it next summer, providing there are no unforeseen problems.

On a positive note, all of our rooms now have large flat screen tv’s , 37 and 42 inch, free wifi and we still have the same friendly staff that in fact would like to offer you a complimentary 1 night stay should you ever decide to give us another try.

Have a great day!
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed in a cabin that was all wood and was a smoking room , vary stinky if you are not a smoker ( last room available). The room was small with a comfortable queen bed. Bathroom was clean and adequate. Overall the motel good , not vary up to date but good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Traveller's Haven Motel? Share your experiences!