“Cold pseudo-Mexican food, flavorless - YACK!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #851 of 2,218 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating
Description: Mucho Burrito offers fresh Mexican grilled food including our ever popular burritos, tacos, quesadillas, salads and nachos. We cater to all manner of foodies looking for flavourful and tasty food made fresh every day. We offer a wide variety of proteins including chicken, steak, slow cooked beef and pork, chorizo, fish and shrimp. If you have special dietary needs we offer Gluten free, vegetarian and lactose free alternatives. Our staff are engaged and welcoming. Hope to see you at Mucho Burrito in Kanata!
Ottawa, Canada
“Cold pseudo-Mexican food, flavorless - YACK!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the worst Mexican food, maybe the worst restaurant food, I've ever had. I ordered soft corn, carne asada tacos and my spouse had a tilapia and shrimp, whole wheat burrito. The tacos were flavorless and the cheese (placed directly on the meat) did not melt even the tiniest bit. The guacamole looked like green pudding and was bitter. Bitter guac is made with unripened avocados. So, mine were bad. His was worse. We were told that it takes 5 mins to prepare the fish for the burrito, which was fine. However, they assembled the burrito and let it sit to the side for five minutes while the fish was prepared. The burrito was soggy, the cheese and rice were really gross, and the fish was marginal. The whole thing fell apart while he was trying to eat it. I don't know if there is any authentic Mexican, Tex-Mex or California Mexican style food in Ottawa but I know this is the worst of some synthesis of all three!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

winnipeg
“Mexican food, North American style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'm happy to see restaurants like this coming to Canada, since Chipotles is staying south of the border for the most part. Think Subway, but tortillas instead of bread, and Mexican fillings instead of sandwich meat. Being vegetarian, it's easy to customize my menu choices by having beans instead of meat. I like the cilantro lime rice - nice change from regular rice. The salsas are fresh and I especially like their pico de gallo as well as the sweet corn and black bean salsas. Tasty, fast, and reasonably priced!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlottetown, Canada
“Definitely recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Mucho Burrito was an overall great experience. From the wonderful aroma when you walk through the door to the tasty, fresh, and flavourful foods you have to choose from! I have gone to this place twice in two days. It is really great. Friendly, helpful staff and all around great products. I really enjoy the burrito with chicken. Its the perfect meal! I was a bit unsure about trying this place because of the mixed reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. I will definitely be going back very very soon!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Great tasting fast food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love Muccho Burrito because I can get my Mexican fix without paying a lot of money!

I like choosing what I want on my burrito or Quesedilla, and have choice of meats, salsas, cheeseses and toppings.

If you want real good Mexican, but want it fast, go here its great!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best food in Ottawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We tried Orleans and Baseline locations both are just great!
Even our little kids prefers Mucho burrito over any other restaurants.
Clean place, great taste, fresh ingredients, the price is just right and perfect service... I strongly recommend Mucho Burrito in Orleans to everyone.

• Visited May 2013