“Grandparents day” 4 of 5 stars

Ottawa
14 attraction reviews
“Grandparents day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great place to take the little ones and introduce them to animals.
The playground is always a hit and we are not the only grandparents to bring the kids along.

Visited September 2012

Ottawa
“OVERPRICED AND NASTY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm surprised at all the positive reviews. Our experience was my worst ever for a family outing. The only air-conditioned spot is a restaurant which the staff insists you can't use without buying something--even on very hot days. My sister with a 3 week old baby and I (7 months pregnant) with our other small children were asked to leave the airconditioned restaurant on a 30 degree humid day because we had brought our own 'food' into the restaurant (i.e., water/juice boxes for the children.) I did buy a coffee. Now, I understand rules, but this was an extremely hot day with small children, a newborn and a pregnant woman, and we had just paid $30 admission (which included charging for toddlers) Looking back, it was a bad choice for that day, but we were already there, and we just wanted to escape the heat and rehydrate before heading out to the farm. They said they would allow my sister (with the coffee) to nurse the baby (guess that wasn't considered food!), but the children would have to sit outside in the heat with their drinks or buy the restaurant's overpriced drinks. When we complained, they asked us to leave the farm--apparently we were being rude because we protested that they were being unreasonable. Now if we had been cursing or insulting, I could understand, but we weren't. At least they gave us our money back, but the children didn't see much of the zoo. So much for family friendly. Will never go back and I tell others to stay away too. I'm not vindictive by nature, but some things are just wrong.

Visited June 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Great spot to frequent in Ottawa area!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Being a grandmother of four, I'm always on the lookout for children friendly spots in Ottawa that don't cost a bundle for admission. Valleyview charges one price and if you want, you're welcome to bring your own food items and there are wonderful shaded areas to enjoy a picnic. The seating at the play area is comfortable and in close proximity to the play areas making it easy to spot your little ones at play. The animals are well cared for and all the areas are very clean and tidy. The paths around the animal areas and over to the playground are certainly stroller friendly and easy to navigate. There is a cash ice cream bar with yummy flavours and there's even a cafeteria and store to visit as well. The train (drawn by a tractor) ride through the crop areas is just the right length for little ones and is informative as well for adults as we learn more about the area and crops. Make sure to visit this local attraction and I'm sure you or your children will want to come back again.

Visited August 2012
Ottawa, Ont
4 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend a couple of hours with the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We took our 18 month old son there for the first time, and he really enjoyed it. There were lots of different things for him to see and do, and prices were reasonable. Everything was clean, and the staff is friendly. We will be back to visit many more times as our son gets older, and more kids join the family!

Visited July 2012
Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Great for the kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We go here at least once a year with our children. They love looking at the animals and then playing in the large playground or on the numerous wooden structures (cars, boats). The wooden area with the bridge and tunnel is lots of fun for the kids. The tractor ride is just the ride length for little kids and it's very cute. My kids love coming here.

Visited August 2011