“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Everything about the experience was awesome. Highly recommend it with friends, what a great evening!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eric D, Owner at De Vino Wine Studio, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you , we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please, make sure to let me know next time you are coming to visit us at DiVino. I would like to introduce my self.
Cheers

“Great dinner! Food and wine wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place to celebrate my husband and my retirement with another couple and decided to try DiVino's on Preston Street. We were not disappointed with our selection and it is our new favourite Ottawa restaurant. Eric the Sommelier and one if the owners was very attentive and since we visited Italy last year we told him what region we wanted our wine from. He brought us 3 selections with varying prices and we loved the wine (they are not available in local liquor stores). The chef who is the other owner, is from Italy. We allowed the waiter to make our food selections and shared many appetizers with the 4 of us, along with a main course and dessert. Great way of trying everything and loved it all. We keep talking about the dishes 2 days later and can't wait to go back again. They also have wine tastings and cooking classes which we are going to sign up for. So happy we found this gem.

Visited July 2014
Eric D, Owner at De Vino Wine Studio, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Amazing !! Thank you for the great review. This is why I am in the restaurant business. We are happy to express our passion for the full dinning experience and hope to see you again soon for another special occasion.
Ottawa, Canada
“Fabulous Italian food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went with a girlfriend to De Vino for a dinner and wine pairing event. I'd never been before, and was so impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. The gnocchi in a gorgonzola cream sauce was the best gnocchi I've ever had, and the sauce was creamy and delicious. The wine collection is also impressive and varied. If you love italian food and want an authentic italian restaurant, this is it!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A lovely evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We arrived for an early dinner and had the most attentive staff. Our waiter who was not Italian managed to pass as 'Italian' because of his knowledge of the food and wines.
The Menu has it all. The food was so,so delicious, we will be back to go through all the items. 2 hrs passed before we knew it. The Staff were as attentive to people arriving as we left as they were to us when we arrived.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eric D, Owner at De Vino Wine Studio, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you, I'm extremely pleased that my staff was able to wow you! If you were able to remember the name of the server I would like to show him/her this review.
Cheers,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Very Adult”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My mother and I visited this restaurant earlier this week. This is a very adult oriented restaurant and I would be surprised to see children here. Although it has a seek and modern look, it lacks warmth. This is a small restaurant with only a few tables and an interestingly shaped bar which also becomes a place to dine at. There is an impressive wall of wine. When ordering wine, it is measured and pumped out electronically instead of poured which I am not a fan of, but I presume this is the way of the future. The food was quite good, we both ordered the same thing, a roasted red pepper soup as an appetizer and a half rack of lamb each. In addition, we ordered polenta as a side. It's a good thing they only brought one order because there was enough to feed five or six people and of course we couldn't finish it. It was a week night, the restaurant wasn't full and there appeared to be more than enough staff on the floor. I found the service a little slow and lacking but maybe it was because we were two women without a man.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eric D, Owner at De Vino Wine Studio, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your honest opinion.
We are adult oriented because we are a Enoteca (Italinan Wine Bar) but, we do except children of any age to join they're parents. We have many regular customers that do bring they're children. call them our "dessert testers" and I offer to make a specialty NON alcoholic beverage for them made with only fresh ingredients.

The "electronic wine pump" is our pride and joy of the restaurant, it is called an Enomatic. It is the only reason we are able to serve 16 wines by the glass. The wines range in price from 39$ a bottle to 150$ and are to pair with all the food we serve. "You must drink to eat and eat to drink". I do agree with you that it does remove the romance of the bottle. At the same time, most restaurants just serve you a glass of wine from the bar and most of the time it isn't fresh.

I am very disappointed that you didn't feel that you got the best service. I'm always looking to make sure our guest leave feeling they had an amazing experience. This can only be done if service /atmosphere/ food and wine are exceptional. "Two women without a man" should not affect the service at DiVino. For this I would like to personally invite you back to make sure you get to experience what our guest see in us, that makes them return often.

Please email me to make a reservation Eric@divinowinestudio.com
Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you again soon.
Cheers