“Pricey for a small portion” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #809 of 2,214 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Ottawa, Canada
“Pricey for a small portion”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Was there a few weeks ago and we love going to Pho Thu Do from Somerset (downtown) so we thought we'll go here this time to try it out. Prices was much higher then expected ($10-$15), but maybe because you're not in Chinatown anymore so you're paying for the convenience/location near the airport. Flavour was okay, but the portion size for what you pay for was not expected. If you want a quail egg, expect just one, and if you want any type of meat, it's cut is very thin. My friend had order some pork chops on rice. It was so thin, you didn't even have to use a knife.

• Visited June 2014

Palisades Park, New Jersey
“pretty decent pho place in Ottawa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

went for a lunch with friend's family and the food was good but thought it was kind of pricey. good place for the family to eat and enjoy the time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Do they really want customers to come back?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have never received such indifferent treatment by staff or management as we did at this place. The odd decor and western music aside, we were unable to eat one of the dishes because of insufficient sauce to soften the noodles. We were unable to get the waiter's eye to tell him and the manager said she would talk to the chef so "maybe next time, it would be better". Not even an apology. This place has too much competition to be complacent and the quality control as well as the uneven service need to be addressed.

On a happier note, the plates came warmed and the Pad Thai ( the second dish ordered) was decent.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greely
“Outstanding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am biased while writing this review as it is my favorite Pho restaurant. The staff knows my usual order and confirm it when I enter the place :)
Their pho is great, but I especially love their spring rolls...and their lemongrass chicken is awesome. Their staff try hard and I have not seen any poor service in the multiple times I have dined in....highly recommend...parking is a little bit of a pain but not a deal breaker!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“No life, very bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We wanted to try another pho place today. There was no welcoming, just sit where you want, that is ok so far. I get the menu and ask few questions the server was staring at me like I was talking in a foreign language. After few seconds of staring, I asked him if he understood and then he answered muttering.
I placed the order then he came back saying that I cannot request an order 40 CT CT CT I pointed out that in the menu they do not say so, he answered that it should be different items otherwise they would charge extra. I told him that it is not written on the menu and I changed the order. I probably should asked my wife to follow me and leave.
The food was average.
I will not visit this place again!

• Visited June 2013