“Do they really want customers to come back?” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #765 of 2,142 restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Toronto, Canada
“Do they really want customers to come back?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have never received such indifferent treatment by staff or management as we did at this place. The odd decor and western music aside, we were unable to eat one of the dishes because of insufficient sauce to soften the noodles. We were unable to get the waiter's eye to tell him and the manager said she would talk to the chef so "maybe next time, it would be better". Not even an apology. This place has too much competition to be complacent and the quality control as well as the uneven service need to be addressed.

On a happier note, the plates came warmed and the Pad Thai ( the second dish ordered) was decent.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Greely
“Outstanding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am biased while writing this review as it is my favorite Pho restaurant. The staff knows my usual order and confirm it when I enter the place :)
Their pho is great, but I especially love their spring rolls...and their lemongrass chicken is awesome. Their staff try hard and I have not seen any poor service in the multiple times I have dined in....highly recommend...parking is a little bit of a pain but not a deal breaker!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“No life, very bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We wanted to try another pho place today. There was no welcoming, just sit where you want, that is ok so far. I get the menu and ask few questions the server was staring at me like I was talking in a foreign language. After few seconds of staring, I asked him if he understood and then he answered muttering.
I placed the order then he came back saying that I cannot request an order 40 CT CT CT I pointed out that in the menu they do not say so, he answered that it should be different items otherwise they would charge extra. I told him that it is not written on the menu and I changed the order. I probably should asked my wife to follow me and leave.
The food was average.
I will not visit this place again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lachute, Canada
“Every customer welcomed with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have visited both Pho Thu Do locations, the one on Somerset St. and the other in the South-end suburbs in the strip mall at the corner of Riverside Drive and Hunt Club in Ottawa. I have eaten in and taken out and the food is presented and packaged with such care. The staff and food is amazing - I always take a #14 - rare beef and meatball pho, and it's always delicious. Throw some basil leaves in and slurp up that delicious broth. Yeah, it's the best you've had. I know. *nodding*

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, Canada
“Great little pho restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The restaurant has old furniture and decor suboptimal but their pho is pretty good and tasty especially the chicken pho! Their beef pho is not as good but overall edible! Staff friendly.

Visited November 2012