“Amazing restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Amazing restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for our 5th anniversary and we were amazed at the wonderful service,food and just the cleanliness of the restaurant.
Our waittress even gave us two free glasses of champagne. The food was amazing,one of the best restaurant in Ottawa for sure. I will be returning for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Overrated !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice patio but I find the food and drinks a bit overpriced. The service is ok, but not out of the ordinary. I find also that the waitress are dress a little TOO sexy....very short dress or skirts...is that necessary ??? to attract clients ??? not working for me.
The plates have nice presentation...but in small portion.
The furniture is nice and modern.
The food we had did not stand out from any other places.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Gatineau
“Another great time at Moxie's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Have been to this location a dozen times and it is great. Had the Ginger rice bowl and it was very good. The taste and spice level made for a great overall dish! Will be back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Overrated, but great atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been to Moxie's a few times before and I find the service is just alright.
Although overall, I feel like the waiter/waitresses are superficial and don't look twice at you unless they know you are the one paying the bill (usually the male customers!)
The atmosphere is great, and food is usually pretty good.
I'd say their steak is what is delicous.
However, I ordered the fancy potato side and thought it was real cheese that was put on but it wasnt it was cream cheese which was alright but not what I expected, just tasted strange. I got a grilled chicken once and it looked and tasted like a single piece of microwaved frozen chicken tender.
Didn't get exactly what I ordered a few times either, the head server had to come check on why and brought me what I had asked for.
Find the prices high for what you get also. I recommend the Keg over Moxie's.
I mostly go to Moxie's now for drinks with friends and appetizers not a full dinner. Food and drinks are overpriced.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, ON
“Monday Happy Hour visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We decided to take advantage of the Monday evening special which is one pound of wings for $3.99 and a special on Bud Light Platinum beer at $4.00

We had a warm and friendly greeting at the door and acknowledgement by other staff as we were led to a table upstairs on the deck as we had requested. We found the layout and furnishings of the restaurant quite upscale and better than those of its competitors. Our attractive waitress soon arrived and shortly after we were enjoying cold beers and a Mojito also on special. When we order our wings, in several variations, everyone was happy and we all enjoyed our selections.

We found all of the staff to be friendly, attractive and youthful. This was a good Happy Hour experience and we will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013