“Another great time at Moxie's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #447 of 2,149 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gatineau
“Another great time at Moxie's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Have been to this location a dozen times and it is great. Had the Ginger rice bowl and it was very good. The taste and spice level made for a great overall dish! Will be back soon!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Overrated, but great atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been to Moxie's a few times before and I find the service is just alright.
Although overall, I feel like the waiter/waitresses are superficial and don't look twice at you unless they know you are the one paying the bill (usually the male customers!)
The atmosphere is great, and food is usually pretty good.
I'd say their steak is what is delicous.
However, I ordered the fancy potato side and thought it was real cheese that was put on but it wasnt it was cream cheese which was alright but not what I expected, just tasted strange. I got a grilled chicken once and it looked and tasted like a single piece of microwaved frozen chicken tender.
Didn't get exactly what I ordered a few times either, the head server had to come check on why and brought me what I had asked for.
Find the prices high for what you get also. I recommend the Keg over Moxie's.
I mostly go to Moxie's now for drinks with friends and appetizers not a full dinner. Food and drinks are overpriced.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, ON
“Monday Happy Hour visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We decided to take advantage of the Monday evening special which is one pound of wings for $3.99 and a special on Bud Light Platinum beer at $4.00

We had a warm and friendly greeting at the door and acknowledgement by other staff as we were led to a table upstairs on the deck as we had requested. We found the layout and furnishings of the restaurant quite upscale and better than those of its competitors. Our attractive waitress soon arrived and shortly after we were enjoying cold beers and a Mojito also on special. When we order our wings, in several variations, everyone was happy and we all enjoyed our selections.

We found all of the staff to be friendly, attractive and youthful. This was a good Happy Hour experience and we will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carleton Place, Canada
“Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

A little dark but the food makes up for it
The service is quick and efficient
Staff is always smiling and very pleasant
Prices are reasonable
Mr.Mrs.K.L.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
“Your jaw will get a workout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were celebrating a birthday so we decided to try Moxie's on Innes Road, in Orleans, Ontario. We have been to other Moxie's locations before, so we were familiar with the restaurant.
Our server suggested that we try the Top Sirloin steak for $19.99. As we were both in the mood for steak we went with his suggestion. Big mistake. The steak is advertised as being cut from AAA beef that has been aged at least 24 days. The menu should have read, it is cut from (a beef that died of old age). They were 2 of the toughest pieces of meat that we have ever encountered. I know enough about meet to know that top sirloin is not the choicest cut of meat, but these steaks can't even be classified as meat. Even cooked to medium rare they were a major jaw workout.
When I brought the fact that they were quite tough to the waiter's attention, his comment was "that's what a lot of people have mentionned". So I asked him why he suggested ordering the dish....answer, because they tell me to. Great idea, sell $1.99 steak for $19.99.
Suffice to say that all the good things that this restaurant had going for itself has been overshadowed by a really bad meal. Taurus is by zodiac sign. I think I really go served the bull.

• Visited May 2013