“great food hot and fresh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
419 King St W, unit 2540, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada (Vanier)
(905) 728-6000
Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 296 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: International
Neighborhood: Vanier
Neighborhood: Vanier
Whitby, Canada
“great food hot and fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

WE recently had our supper meal at the oshawa mall east sides. We had great service from our server Jesse and the pizza was really good and hot , I think it was a chicken goat cheese !! Our other meals were good and there was no sparing on the salad and bread and parm/ reggiano cheese.It is always a good stand by for a meal, not upscale dining or menu but thats not what you go for. I do recommend it as a good choice for regular italian fair.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brampton, Canada
“A good stand by, busy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A good ole standby at the Oshawa Mall, recently they have had a menu change, not sure if it was for the better, but . . . .

Always a busy place!

Visited December 2012
Whitby, Canada
“Standard comfort food in frat/sorority setting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Reviewer Brooke H likens it to a frat house running the place, and I think that's apt (though I would say more of a sorority than frat house).

The setting seemed friendly enough, and the servers were all very nice, but it felt clubby and unprofessional. Indeed throughout the entire dinner I saw one server spend almost the entire time chatting with one table while the place was busy -- but no one seemed to mind, which is fine I suppose, but indicative of how the place functions. Indeed, the service in general was very friendly and prompt; I just got the impression that the place is run by, and as, more of a sorority than a real restaurant.

The food was fairly standard for comfort food, though there were a couple of problems. My son had a chocolate shake which tasted more like watered down tofutti with freezer burn. We returned it for another ("made with love" we were assured) but it tasted the same. The pasta was a bit underdone too. But herself liked the sangria, and the pizza and soup were good.

Overall, our experience was not a relaxed good time, and felt a bit off. Doubtful we'll return.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Port Hope
“Flat Beer,Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I came here for dinner last week, and it was horrible. I ordered a Stella on tap and it was flat and came in a very dirty pint glass. I sent it back, and asked for a bottle of Stella instead, with a pint glass on the side. Well, it took the waitress 20 mins or more to return with a sticky, dirty bottle of beer and a pint glass with greasy finger marks all over it. What a joke. I should have taken this as a warning and ran for my life, but instead decided to give it benefit of the doubt. I ordered the ravioli, and I am almost certain it came from a can. I could see into the kitchen area and it seemed as if it were a frat house running the place.....unsupervised teeny boppers acting like chefs. What a Dump.Eh Badda Bing, Badda PUKE

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Andre D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The service was great, the food was very good and the beer was cold

Visited June 2012