“H.O.G. Rally at Mackie's Harley Davidson” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Oshawa Whitby

You added Travelodge Oshawa Whitby to your Saves list
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   940 Champlain Avenue, Oshawa, Ontario L1J 7A6, Canada (Vanier)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for my brother's wedding and he had blocked some rooms in advance so all the family could stay here. When trying to book online, the site said no rooms were available. After making several attempts I called the hotel. It took about 15 minutes for the reception staff to understand my reason for the call and had to ask several ways if there was a room booked under my family's name. Meanwhile the cost of my international call is mounting along with my frustration...
The level of service I experienced was average, other members of our group had not so good experiences with front desk staff.
It's good there is a 'free' breakfast each morning. Be warned it can get hectic in the kitchen area as its pretty small. There was a wide variety of breakfast options. The coffee is pretty bad.
Rooms are good and had a fresh appearance. The housekeeping staff did come through quite late on busy days (around 5:30pm).
There isn't much near the hotel. The closest shops are about 20mins walk away, but better shops are about 40 mins walk away. Cab drivers don't complain if you take a short trip to the shops.
On the whole it's an average place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Northwood, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we were in the area for my niece's high school graduation being held in Oshawa. The hotel was easy to find and the rooms were clean. We had a room with a double bed and a pull out loveseat (pulled out to a twin). The sheets on the pullout looked fresh and clean *unlike a lot of other pullouts). The bathroom was on the small size, but it was clean and that's the important part.

I didn't go to breakfast, but my husband did. He brought me back some sausages and toast. The sausages were very greasy and funny tasting. He said they had a good selection of foods though including a waffle maker.

We made a stop at the pool when we got to the hotel. The pool is kind of small, but the water was on the warmer side which we like. The hot tub was very small also but the water was very, very warm. Hotter than most hotels we've been to (in the US they limit how hot you can have the water).

We didn't get to the hotel until around 10 pm and parking was a bit of a problem. It looks like it could be that way during the day too, especially if they have a meeting or conference at the hotel.

Overall we would definitely stay here again if we were in the area (only problem is that it's a ways from my sister's house, which is what we are usually in the area for)

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Oshawa Whitby? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Oshawa Whitby

Address: 940 Champlain Avenue, Oshawa, Ontario L1J 7A6, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Oshawa > Vanier
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Oshawa Whitby 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Oshawa Whitby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby Hotel Oshawa
Whitby Travel Lodge
Travel Lodge Oshawa
Oshawa Travel Lodge
Oshawa Travelodge
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby Ontario

If you own or manage Travelodge Oshawa Whitby, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.