“"Great spot in Oshawa"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Thirsty Monk Grill Pub

The Thirsty Monk Grill Pub
21 Celina St E., Oshawa, Ontario L1H 1J7, Canada (Downtown Oshawa)
905-728-3219
Neighborhood: Downtown Oshawa
TORONTO
“"Great spot in Oshawa"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been frequenting The Thirsty Monk for many years and i find the food very good, the atmosphere comfortable and the staff very friendly. The menu is much more diverse than you would expect for a pub with several outstanding items. They just did a minor freshening up and added a bunch of big Sony TV's so watching that big event will be even better at the Monk.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“First timer here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Ok so after reading some reviews on this website I thought I would try this place out, I felt like a critic lol. I went around dinner rush after work thinking this would be the time they need to be on there toes. I sat at the bar it was clean and pretty cool decor. I was asked within two minutes if I would like a drink and menu. All I can say is the food was good and I really enjoyed the ceaser salad. I could tell the dressing was homemade. My drink was never empty without a offer to have a new one, also the bartender asked if I was driving after one drink???? A responsible pub? Wow blew me away very cool. I enjoyed my evening and will definatly return again. Ps after asking to speak to the manager to make a compliment the man behind the bar informed me he was the owner. Very nice to see the boss working the front line!! Top notch place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oshawa, Canada
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was so hoping for an English, Irish pub feeling. The food has been okay, but often getting it is the problem....greatly understaffed. If the owner helped the bartender / servers you would feel your business is appreciated

Visited May 2012
Oshawa, Canada
“THE best pub in Oshawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Thirsty monk has proven time and time again that it is the best pub around. The food is great, the atmosphere is great, the music is awesome and the service is outstanding!! I've been coming here for years and I will continue to do so. :)

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
courtice
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Amazing place to hang out with friends. Clean! Great food! Good/friendly staff! Would give high recommendations for this Pub!

Visited July 2012