“Save your money!” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Johnny's
280 Marland Ave, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada (Vanier)
905-433-1335
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Where to start...

I Ordered;

Battered mushrooms
Boss Burger with the fries well done
Coke

I was told they were out of Battered Mushrooms. How can you be out of Mushrooms? This tells me they buy in a bag and deep fry it. NOT FRESH!

The Boss Burger came to the table and it was cut in half? WTF? I don't want my burger cut in half.. I'm not 5. The bun was still cold to the touch and could tell it was in a freezer and was popped on the grill when I ordered. The burger had some green stuff in it but tasted dry and no taste at all. The bottom of the burger was soaked in grease and soaked the bun. Yuck....

The Fries were out of a bag. No shock here to be honest. I asked for well done fries which they looked to be on the outside but were still cold and raw in the centre. They also lacked seasoning.

The coke was so watered down and when I asked about it I was informed that's how the owner set the machine up and they can't change it.

The joint is dirty! I could see dust building up on the neon lights and ceiling fan grills with some kind of body tag tied to the grill? From what I could see into the kitchen from the window was yellow walls and major dust build up on the gas pipes. They had household fans sitting on a counter blowing dust and air around which confirms the review on A/C lacking.

The waiter was OK (maybe a 2.5/3 star) but lost all points when I was handed the bill with food still on my plate and not even asked If I wanted to look at the desert menu.(After the burger I didn't but she didn't know that)

The place was fairly empty so that should have been my get out of dodge sign but my dinner mate wanted to come here.

I'd like to also note that I understand this is the run of the mill dinner but the cook can still try and show some pride and learn how to plate a meal and not put greasy finger prints on my plate.

If the owner reads this review I only have two words for you buddy, FRESH FOOD!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Newcastle, Ontario, Canada
“Needs less crack people!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

low down place almost in south oshawa. the food is great, just the people half the time are in there feels like you are in a crack house!

Toronto, Canada
“Parking may be a problem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Waiting for the Oshawa Center to open, I decided to give this place a try after many years since my last visit. The restaurant was almost empty but the large parking lot was almost full. The only places that were vacant were in front of other stores that displayed signs indicating that you would have your car towed if you weren't their customer. As I was about to leave, luckily, someone left a place in front of Johnny's.
The quantity was large and fast but there were no "real" home fries and no rye toast. The service was OK but the place is a little rough and doesn't lighten up ones day. There are lots of places on this site that I would rather recommend.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oshawa
“Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I come here at least twice a month for their early bird breakfast (it's now 3.99). The staff recognize regulars and has your tea or coffee ready for you after they see you walk in. It's closer to a family style diner - cozy, without being crowded.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oshawa, Canada
“Nothing special, good food. Service is good. The 2.99 breakfast special is great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009