“A Little Getaway!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Suites

You added Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Suites to your Saves list
Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   374 South Services Road East, Oakville, Ontario L6J 2X6, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Mississauga, Canada
“A Little Getaway!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I work a lot and we hardly have our own time for each other, so we just decided to pick a hotel nearby that we don't have to go very far from our kids. Monte Carlo Inn is so close to a lot of things such as Lake shores, and many restaurants that my husband and I enjoy as well as the QEW is just right there...so convenient!!! Monte Carlo is very affordable with continental breakfast included, the room was nice and clean, very comfortable bed (that we actually asked for late check out because we slept in - which was a bonus) and the services are great - I cannot believe how helpful the staff to us, from front desk to housekeeper. They're all so friendly. This is gonna be our "a little getaway" whenever my husband and I needed some alone time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and thank goodness it was only one night (my son had a tournament in Oakville)! The room that was given to us was in the basement (which is named 1st floor!) it was smelly and damp feeling. I called the front desk several times in order to change my room but no reply! The front desk staff were less than pleasant. The refrigerator is so noisy, and the last part of my bad stay there was the drunk neighbourhood who came to their room at 1:00 am and they kept on screaming and slapping doors, that thing woke the whole family up,; there was no isolation system, lights can be seen from three edges of the door!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

A good hotel for a rest at the weekend, Non Smoking Cleopatra Suite-King NICE room

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Corner Brook, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in early March. Upon arrival we were greeted by two women who, upon first impression, did not seem overly friendly. However, that may have been due to our tiredness (we had caught a flight at 5.30 in the morning!). It turned out that they were, indeed, friendly (especially Florinda...sorry, can't remember the other one's name). Our room wasn't ready (it was early and we had been told this may be the case) so we were able to leave our bags and get a bite to eat in the restaurant. They even gave us our complimentary breakfast cards even though we hadn't checked in. The restaurant is very small and, during breakfast, it was very difficult to move around as all the food items are in the one vicinity (and the food isn't much...toast, bagels, cereal, some fruit). However, the young lady in the restaurant was incredibly sweet and friendly (again, my apologies...I didn't get her name). We only ate breakfast here, so I'm unable to comment on the other food. As for the room: it was fine. We were in 312. Two double beds so, again, not a lot of room but not a huge issue. They have a big chair at the desk which, although lovely and comfy, takes up too much space. But, above all, it was clean. There were no odours as per previous posts and the bathroom was clean, too!! Made me very happy. My big complaint about the room? The soap they give you was a Green Tea soap...it's suppose to be part of an environmental initiative, I think. However, in this day of 'no scents' I found it rather unpleasant. The smell stayed with me all day and it is not a smell I like. I must also add that the blond haired gentleman who worked there in the evening (and on the weekends, I believe) was NOT at all friendly. Overall, though, I think I would stay here again. It was clean and fairly quiet. The staff, for the most part, were friendly and helpful and it was good value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I bought the Groupon for the Monte Carlo Inn in Oakville back in the spring and thought we'd finally use it for a fun staycation date night with my husband.

The Groupon was $129 and included room, 3 course dinner at Pomodoro Restaurant and a bottle of wine (taxes and gratuity extra).

So our Wednesday night date featured a smooth check in, room as shown on the Groupon with jacuzzi tub and a warm bottle of house white which was from Kittling Ridge (not too bad!) but no cork screw. So we obtained a corkscrew and some ice to add to our wine and chatted until we got hungry.

We brought a nice bottle of wine with us and were planning on bringing it to dinner (since the "restaurant" is really just a room in the hotel) but were told by Tom, our waiter, that no outside wine is allowed. Understanding this rule we ordered the most tolerable $27 bottle of pinot grigio we could find on the wine list. The wine arrived, while our water glasses remained empty for another 15 minutes. Tom poured our glasses 2/3 full and set the bottle on the table. Some time later, he took our food orders - antipasto plate and calamari to start, and spicy sausage penne and seafood fettucine for our mains. Starters arrived in a timely manner and the calamari portion was HUGE, easily enough for a main course. When the mains arrived, they were even HUGER! It was ok pasta and ok sauce, generous serving of mussels and shrimp. We were getting thirsty and hadn't seen Tom in some time, so I went and refilled our waters at the bar. He said he could do it when I got up there and I said this was easier. Our second trip to the bar to refill our water revealed that Tom was doing a crossword puzzle while sitting on a chair. Desserts were eventually ordered and arrived. I felt like a coffee so my husband went and interrupted Tom's crosswording again to request some. At the end of it all...get this! Tom asked if we would like to open OUR bottle of wine now! Ha ha ha ha. Good thing the $9.03 gratuity was included in our room fees because he certainly didn't receive one from us.

Ended the evening with a nice jacuzzi bath and a good laugh about it all. Monte Carlo Inn Oakville is fine, Pomodoro is atrocious, and the breakfast was very substandard (toast, jam packages, cereal, coffee, whole apples). Enjoy!

Room Tip: We had room 317 which had some traffic noise from the highway
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Windsor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at the Monte Carlo from Oct.14 to 17th. Checked in and they gave us room 112. We walked in to the room and the musty, moldy smell caught me in the throat, so I asked for another room. They gave us 211. It was a nice room and it was kept very clean. It also was very quiet for sleeping.
The breakfast they advertise was not too much, I think they call it a continental breakfast.
The fridge froze our pop, so we left it. We would not return.
Most of the staff were friendly except for the front desk when we checked in. No smiles.

Room Tip: Don't go to the 100 rooms. In the basement.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed there due to a groupon and it wasn't a bad expereince. I was disapointed that they charged my credit card up front for any damages and did not simply take a read of the card which I never had happen before. The women at the front counter was quite rude but I didn't deal with her after check in. The food was enjoyable, the wait staff very friendly. They ran out of cake, but it wasn't that bad. The Jacuzzi tub in the room was very nice, although not being able to close the window coverings was a draw back. Overall it was pretty good, more positives than negatives, but I probably wouldn't go back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Suites? Share your experiences!