“Fantastic, authentic meal!!! WOW!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic, authentic meal!!! WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just had my first (of many more) experiences here. I'm still drooling over thinking about my meal. I've been all around the world and have eaten at many restaurants, and this place is right up there. The experience was 5 star to me. The host and staff were friendly, the place was clean and of course the food is heavenly. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a "special" dinner experience that you just can't find easily. Cheers!

• Visited June 2013

Oakville, Canada
“Enjoyed the evening and the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a good dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere, we will go back soon! We did not have a reservation and it was a Friday night, they still found a table for us and we had a good time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Host with a grand and poor ego...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Upon reading the other reviews, I wish that our experience had been as pleasant. For we arrived at this establishment with eager appetites and an evening of great food. Which we eventually enjoyed, just not here.
On Saturday, June 1st, 2013, my friends and I had a 7:30 reservation for this restaurant. The food looked & smelled delicious;however, I am unable to properly critic it, for we never got the opportunity to try it. What I can critic is the poor reception we received from the host. Upon our arrival, which was on time, we were told that our table for four was not ready. All tables were taken, except a large table of ten. No apologies or explanation were offered to us.
While we patiently sat waiting, two other groups of customers arrived about 10 minutes later than us. One couple belonged to the table of ten, so they were immediately sat. The next group of four stood by us for a few minutes. During a conversation between themselves, we over heard that they also had a 7:30 reservation. An older gentleman from the group spoke to the host, and mentioned that they frequent the restaurant. Shortly after this, a table was prepped, and this group was lead to that table.
When we saw this, we asked the host why they were seated before us? He was extremely rude towards us and very defensive. His explanation was that they had called in saying that they were late for their reservation, which was originally scheduled for 6:45. So they were entitled to this table. His explanation conflicted with what we had over heard this group say among themselves. We pointed out that we had made the reservation a week prior to our arrival, and had arrived on time, so it seemed unfair. He kept saying that a table would be free in a few seconds, pointing to a table were a group was still indulging on dessert, and a young mother was discreetly breast feeding her baby. Anyone who has been a mother, knows that feeding a child doesn't just take a second.
Again, no apologies. When we asked if the group who scooped up our table were seated because they are regulars, the host barked back us saying, "he was the chef and that he'd never seen them before in his life." It truly was an odd and upsetting experience.
A bit of common respect and courtesy could have made this situation so much better. It was clear who ever booked the reservations for the evening lacked experience. A simple apology, and perhaps suggestion to grab a drink at the bar could have diffused the situation. This host's ego was so grand that we opted to walk away. It's really too bad, for the ambiance seemed nice; however, after being treated with such disrespect, I'm doubtful anyone from my party would even think to give them another try.
My comments are not meant to be spiteful; I simply hope that this place will learn from this experience, and not treat others in this poor manner again. They could take a lesson from Seven down the road. When we left, with no reservations, and a full house, they were more than accommodating for us. At first seating us at the bar, and then finding us a table within 10 minutes, they went above and beyond.
Buca Di Bacco - while your food may or may not be delicious, and I will most likely never return to your establishment, I hope that you learn from my review. Please treat other better than we were treated? Respect, common courtesy and honest go a long way.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Friends took us to Buca for a fun meal, and it was excellent. We shared 3 starters and 4 mains and shared them amongst the four of us. It was plenty of food. Everything was really good. The veal is amazing, that was my fave. Although the filet mignon that was part of the daily surf and turf special was amazing too. I would definitely recommend Buca if you are looking for a good, casual but nice Italian meal in downtown Oakville.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Never had a bad meal at Buca di Bacco! They warmly receive all their dinner guests.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

All their pasta and pizza dishes are spectular and delcious. They have a fabulous veal shank and rack of lamb. Service is excellent!

• Visited April 2013