“Environment Canada staff week stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Oakville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Environment Canada staff week stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very friendly staff. Rooms are clean and complete. Tim Hortons is just a stone's throw away and a bar located within hotel premises. I had good quality sleep because the bed is perfect. WiFi is also provided with excellent speed and connection. I would recommend this hotel and will be back soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a positive review on our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with all of our staff at our next team meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

www.gooakville.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was very impressed with my stay. When I saw how the bed was made it made me feel like a princess. Staff was very attentive and rooms were kept clean. The restaurant on site was good, but could have used a little more selection on the menu.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cobourg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Not our normal Oakville hotel but we were so happily surprised. Friendly staff, clean rooms. I think we had the best sleep ever in a hotel (and we stay in alot of hotels for sports events) It was wonderfully convienent to have a Tim Hortons attached. Parking was tight but not impossible. Right off the highway and close to so many great things.

Room Tip: We stayed in 302..right above Tim Hortons but never heard a single sound. Rooms are a small but had...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at this hotel as we took out daughter back to Sheridan College. We decided to stay here based on the location, off the highway ad close to the outlet centre, where we had to pick up a few things for my daughter's new apartment In addition to Tim Hortons and a restaurant being on property.. When we pulled into the parking lot we were taken back by the outside appearance, dirty looking and very dated. Upon entering the lobby we noticed it was recently updated, but lacking in cleanliness, the front desk appeared cluttered and disarray. During check in the front desk agent, seemed to be in a rush to check us in, because of this we did not ask questions about additional places to dine during our stay. We had a room on the 8th floor, the elevators took forever, and we found out that was due to hockey teams being in the hotel. As we travelled a fair distant and wanted to be sure we were not on the same floor, I approached the front desk and asked the girl if we were on the same floor as the teams, one word answer NO. At this point my wife was becoming concerned with our stay, but relaxed when we found our room. Though a bit dusty, the room appeared to be clean even though there was a stale odor in the room. To cut a very long story short, the staff and management did not have control over the teams that were in the hotel, the children were running wild onn all floors, playing with the elevators, adults could not use the equipment in the gym because they had total control. I spoke with the front desk and they informed me they were doing the best, but when you have that many teams in house you have to be understanding that it gets out of control. I asked to speak to the General Manager and was informed that he was not on property and the Guest Service Manager would be in later that day, I asked that both of them contact me, so we could discuss the issues that I had. I checked out Sunday, and to date no one has contacted me or offered an apology. We have travelled a fair bit and I have never encountered as stay like this. I will not be back, and I will be sure to tell those I know, this property lacks in customer service and the staff needs to be trained.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We sincerely apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations as your satisfaction is extremely important to us. We will be using your feedback to make improvements where needed for future guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can have another chance of providing you with exceptional service. Please contact me to discuss this further.

905-847-6667
Collingwood, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

On my line of work, I have travelled many countries and stayed in countless hotels wherever my job takes me. This hotel is one of the worst hotel I have stayed into. First, at first look, the facility is really dated and needed major facelift and renovation. Parking is really a challenge - prepare yourself a lot of extra hours to find one. While the front desk staff almost negates my disappointment, upon entering the room, I found that it lacks the basic upkeep that makes your stay more comfortable and or relaxing - dusty furnitures, stained carpets and hairs in the linens, squeeky mattress and lots of annoyance that I felt I was really ripped off when I checked in.

In the elevator, I bumped into a hotel personnel. I was wondering what I did to him - for he stares at me from head to toe - as if I was an illegal alien. I felt I was discriminated. When I had the chance to ask who he was with the people in that hotel, they told me he was the owner of the restaurant. I have never felt so upset in my life. If they want to keep their customers and have their business grow, they should not judge anybody based on the color of their skin or the clothes that people wear. They should know that some of the people that booked or used their facilities are respected and/or renowned individuals.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations and we will be discussing your feedback at our next team meeting to make the necessary actions. We take pride in our hotel and strive to make every guests stay feel memorable and will be using your valuable feedback to improve wherever need be.

Calgary, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel just prior to Christmas when our connecting flight out of Toronto Pearson was cancelled due to weather. The airline was unable to rebook us until two days later and arranged for us to stay at this hotel. The front counter staff were wonderful - polite and courteous and willing to go the extra mile for us. The room was a king suite, very roomy and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this place, particularly if you get a nice suite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel and I will make sure to share with the staff all of your feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is my first time staying at the property and I was impressed from the moment I walked in the front door. The front desk agents who checked me in and out were very professional, friendly and cheerful. I stayed in 319 which is a corner room. It was very quiet and spacious. The room was spotless! Bed was ***very*** comfortable and provided a very restful sleep. Towels were nice, new and fluffy. There is a sense of newness about the property - fresh, new, clean, up to date. It was refreshing to look out the window and see a nice natural setting. The Tim Hortons adjacent to the property was a real bonus as well. It was a very relaxing stay! I highly recommend the Quality Suites Oakville!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and quiet!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DOS135, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel! We greatly value all guest feedback and strive to exceed all guests expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future!

Heather

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!