“Could use a little sprucing up” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Oakville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dunkirk, New York
“Could use a little sprucing up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

As you walk in, the stained white brick and block glass windows tell you that this isn't the newest of hotels. Inside, things are similarly just-a-bit outdated. I don't have any major complaints about the hotel, just a number of things that could have been better. Given the size of the suites, it's odd that the bathrooms are so cramped. Couldn't some of the space in the bedroom been sacrificed in order to enlargen the bathroom? Also, was it just me or was the brightest bulb in the entire suite throwing off about 15 watts of light? The sectional sofa in the living room had seen better days, too.

I have nothing but good things to say about the pleasent help at the front desk, and I don't think you'll run screaming from this hotel, but there's probably better options in the neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DOS135, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear MattnMing Yu,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback.

May we take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused and want to reassure you that every guest feedback is analysed and action taken to ensure that our future guests experience a memorable stay. We have passed on your comments to our property division and our Rooms director will be looking into the sofa situation.

Thank you so much for your valued feedback and look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel next time you visit Oakville.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

i stayed at the inn many nights as i was working in oakville all the staff was great most freindly and helpful. This was my second long term stay at this hotel and if i am working again in Oakville i will be staying here no question about it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very good value for money - excellent professional staff very friendley bar staff, with Free wireless high-speed Internet access good for business, with Tim Hortons attached to the main extrance.The hotel offers a variety of tastefully rooms. Bright, spacious two-room suites feature separate living rooms, complete with sofa sleeper and wet bar with microwave and refrigerator.The indoor heated salt water pool, sauna and hot tub with sliding doors leading out to the sundeck make a good relaxing area.

Room Tip: the upper bedrooms have a very large lounge area - ideal for working or relaxing
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Last summer I stayed at this hotel for the weekend. I traveled from The Netherlands, Europe. I must say that they made me feel very welcomed, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Although the outside wasnt looking so shiny, the inside was really the opposite. I was impressed about the room as well! It looked like a big apartment and was need and clean. The bed was big and comfortable and made up nice. Also the rest of the hotel was very clean and good looking. I was loving the fishtank a lot. Too bad the fitnessroom and the swimmingpool are kind of small, but hey, Im not a swimmingfan anyways. I will definitely be back for another stay some day! Thanks! Masja.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend and I really wasn't impressed.The room was ok, lobby was nice,restaurant is very old and out dated.Saturday morning I went into the restaurant to have breakfast and very thing was over cooked and the fruit that was on my plate you could tell it was sitting in the fridge a long time, couldn't even finish my food which cost 13.00, if found the over all cleaning very poor,pool area was not clean at all, windows in exercise area were dirty, carpets in hall way wasn't vacuumed at all as the same dirt was on them all wknd,, over all I would now recommend this place to anyone,I noticed the hole time I was here that the restaurant was not busy at all,,, good food brings people into a restaurant

• Stayed March 2013
DOS135, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apolgize for the experience delivered by our team and let me assure you that this is not the norm.

All our rooms and public areas are checked on a daily basis for cleanliness by our Director of Rooms and I will be addressing your feedback with all the team members. Our restaurant is a leased space, however i will be addressing your feedback with the owner.

I can assure you we have taken your comments seriously and will make changes immediately to address all the concerns indicated.

Guest Services Manager.
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My family stayed two nights in the hotel. The exterior of the hotel is somewhat drab, but the lobby with the spiral stair case and grand piano are attractive. The suite was clean and functional. Although the room faced Highway 403, there was no traffic noise. I found the bed very comfortable. My sons enjoyed splashing in the pool, but I found it small. I would have also preferred a larger mini-fridge and more modern TV in the bedroom, but not a big issue. The Tim Hortons attached to the hotel is a definite bonus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the hotel, when we attended my Granddaughters took part in a recent skating competition. When we first arrived I was wondering what the rest of the hotel would be like as the outside appearance was not an award winning hotel. Upon entering I have to say we were surprised. My daughter arranged for us to have a king suite, very nice with the exception of the dust behind the TV and window-ledge. I travel a lot for business so I double check everything. The only area I would say the only area the hotel lacks is customer service. On two different occasions I had to come to the front desk, only to find the manager and a front desk staff member talking and laughing in their own language, the second time was between the front desk staff member and a room attendant. Even though I know they are not talking about myself our any other guest. One would not know this, especially when they go back to their own language after dealing with me. As a Manager for the OLG we employee a very multi lingual staff. At no given time are they allowed to speak in their own language while on duty, this includes while they are on breaks, not just in front of guests. I would recommend that this be addressed with the staff in order to improve in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DOS135, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Heather

All our rooms are checked on a daily basis for cleanliness by our Director of Rooms and I will be addressing your feedback with all the team members. It is our company policy that our team members use English and French as the main language of communication. However, in this instance that was not the case and will be addressing this with our team members so that this does not occur again.

Guest Services Manager.

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!