“The new benchmark for Pub Food...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Oakville, Canada
“The new benchmark for Pub Food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I just moved back to Oakville after living in downtown Toronto for past few years. And let's be honest, we were spoiled by the countless, oustanding independent restaurants at our disposal on King St, Queen St, College St, etc, etc. As a result, we have been continually underwhelmed by the options in the Oakville area...UNTIL NOW!

Just back from our 3rd visit to enjoy O'Finn's new "Good Food Project" menu and enjoyed every bite. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for figuring out what a pub menu should be.

When you enter the restaurant make sure to read the "rules of the good food project" and you will truly appeciate what's being served to you and the care that is taken. They use fresh, high quality ingredients in all of the their dishes, apply great cooking techniques, add some interesting twists to some classic pub favourites, and they take a few risks with untraditional dishes (the steak tartare is delicious).

Now add some great brews on the taps (i.e. Granville Island and some other great micro brews), an excellent wine selection, welcoming ambience, vibrant energy and engaging servers...it's a winner all the way!

Honestly, I have yet to try something that I wouldn't recommend. You will not be disappointed! We've found out new "go to" restaurant! Enjoy...cheers!

Toronto, Canada
“Best food in Oakville! -- Good Food Project”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

O'Finns is a great restaurant- food, atmosphere-- you name it. We had a great experience here and can't wait to return. The menu is excellent- I wanted to order many items and loved everything we tried. Chef Steh is fabulous! The Good Food Project is a MUST SEE

Burlington, Canada
“Amazing food & fantastic service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have made O'Finn's our 'go to' pub for many years and just when I thought it couldn't get any better they announced their "Good Food Project". Not only do they have an award-winning, top chef creating and cooking the most amazing, delectable meals, but they also have servers who are so knowledgeable about the menu and which new craft beer or glass of wine should be paired with which meal.
What we love about O'Finn's is that it is a place where we are equally comfortable bringing our 2 young children or meeting friends for a pint and dinner.
I cannot talk about the new menu items enough. The 50/50 burger is melt in your mouth, the homemade bun is awesome and the new fries are unbelievable. I am not a big lobster fan but I will go to O'Finn's just for the Double Baked Lobster Skins! They are out of this world!! On our last visit my husband ordered the Blackened Salmon Salad and he could not get over how fresh and yummy all of the ingredients were. A huge favourite with our kids are the flatbread pizza's. The kids love them and as a parent I am happy to let them order it because I know it is fresh, homemade and healthy food.
You will not be disappointed if you choose to partake in a meal and a pint at this cozy, clean, comfortable Irish Pub. I can honestly tell you we have never had a bad experience at O'Finn's!!

Oakville, Canada
“O'Finn's Good Food Project”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was interested to hear that O'Finn's has recently had their entire menu revamped by Chef Mike Steh who used to work at one of the top restaurants in Toronto. After trying atleast half of the new menu, I can say that the quality of the food is downright incredible. My wife and I like to go out for quality food with friends but don't always want the formality of a swanky joint. O'finn's is a comfortable environment where the food is still high caliber and chef driven. Mix that with by far the best kraft beer selection outside of Toronto and it has become our go to place. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“New Menu is Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've worked in Oakville for the past 6 years and frequented O'Finn's fairly regularly over that time span mainly for the perfect Guinness pour and lunch. I've got to say that the new menu has yet to disappoint! You can really taste the difference that the new chef brings to the table - top quality.

Visited October 2012