“It was "Okay"” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
North Bay, Canada
“It was "Okay"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been told by many to try Dave's because it apparently is the best Asian food in town. Finally decided to try it last night and ordered some Thai food for Takeout last night.

First they messed up the order by saying it was a pick up order but it was supposed to be a delivery (I had previously given my address and information). After that was done with the service was excellent and the staf was helpful on the phone. The food came when they said it would, took an hour and a half but it was friday evening. As far as food quality I would say its average. It wasn't bad it just wasn't great. I will try it again but this time I will go eat in and see if that’s any better.

As far as takeout goes this is more expensive than other places in town and not really worth the extra money in my opinion.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing and fast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This is the best thi restaurant in north bay! I go there all the time,and the food is always great! The atmosphere is great, it's a small Resturant, but it's like home

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome food and great service; love the furnishings and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant lives up to the hype. The food was fantastic (we had veggie spring rolls, mango salad, green curry & general Tao chicken). The service was terrific - attentive without being obtrusive. Love the atmosphere & decor - it was relaxing and felt special. Great night!

North Bay, Canada
“First try on Fraser St. Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When they moved from Judge to Fraser, we thought the had closed up, as there were 2 or 3 other places that closed up in that time period. Turns out they are only a couple of blocks away from our home.
We found the atmosphere very peaceful although there were young babies there. The service and food were just phenomenal. We will be returning often.
The music was just right, not over baring, seating was comfortable. I could go on and on.
Great place for a head to head dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Langley City, Canada
“Good Food, Small Space!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We enjoyed our Valentines dinner there as a couple, and were were very pleased with the restaurant's food. They're were extremely accommodating when we stated we wanted no meat or dairy. The space is so tiny, though and it was packed. I'm thankful that we managed to get a table up and out of the way, if we had gotten stuck by the door where people were crammed and standing waiting for a table, it really would have ruined the mood. If they're doing this well, it would be really wise of them to consider a new space! The food was delicious and I think the people of North Bay would support them if they chose to grow. The only thing I disliked about the meal was we ordered green tea and were surprised that they'd serve Lipton tea bags...

• Visited February 2013