“great spot for casual dining” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 142 Restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pasta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“great spot for casual dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Good sized portions and tasty too with lots of variety to please ones taste. Italian food to remind you of Italy. Plenty of room for moderate sized groups or intimate dinning. Staff is friendly and interested in serving you.

• Visited December 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Bay, Canada
“great north bay landmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Breco's is a North Bay landmark, a locally owned business where everyone goes, students and families, for very good Italian food. Also serve gluten free pizza,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“I once drove 4 hours just for Greco's pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014 via mobile

I grew up in North Bay and it was a treat to have Greco's pizza once a year or so as a child. When I went to university, it was the only food that I couldn't find an equivalent or premium replacement for in my travels.

Now, years later, in my search for that perfect pizza from my childhood I still can't find a pizzeria that does it quite like Greco's. I think it has to do with the cornmeal on the bottom of the crust, but it's not that simple.

It's the fresh ingredients piled higher than reasonable for the price of the pie. It's the higher quality ingredients than is reasonable for the price of the pie. It's the mugs that they serve their ice cold beer in. It's the ambience that hasn't changed in 30 years. It's the elevated pizza trays that put your pie at nose level so that you can smell the deliciousness while you are chewing.

The funny thing to me is that most of my family prefer the pastas and the salads. In recent years, I've been trying to wolf down most of a pizza by myself.

Damn ... I may have to make that drive again this week.

Visited November 2014
Peterborough, Canada
“A Yummy Treat For The Tummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

We've been to Greco's twice - the latest on October 18th - and we can't imagine eating anywhere else in "The Bay." Each time, we were a party of four. The ladies enjoyed Shrimp in a special sauce; the first time, I tried a half-order of Garibaldi's Cannelloni; it was deliciously mouth-watering. Next time, I tried a whole order - whew, I don't like leaving even a crumb - but I really had to slow down to consume all of this delightful tummy treat. Mind you, one has to enjoy moderately hot spicy foods - and I do. Having sampled mine, a Bayite, accustomed to enjoying Greco's, avowed, "This will be my dish from now on!" Adding to my taste sensation, I enjoyed a half-litre of a fine Merlot; the ladies opted for Pinot Grigot. And the staff - we ended up exchanging baby stories and pictures, stories of growing up in The Gateway City prior to moving on to follow our professions. We're in total agreement: The best dining experience we've ever had. Greco's - Number One with us!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Buy a frozen pizza !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

You would be better off. We cannot believe that people go there for the pizza. As we walked in we saw many people eating pizza and after reading reviews we decided to order the Caesar salad with a specialty pizza. The salad was very fresh, tasty and well dressed. The pizza, it was half cooked and the toppings were all chopped up in tiny bits. The crust was soggy in the middle and seemed uncooked. It was piled up with cold uncooked vegetables and even though we asked for olives as a topping there was a shovel full all piled up in the middle.
Not a restaurant we would recommend for the pizza ......perhaps the pasta? Hummmm?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Taylor T, Owner at Greco's Pizza & Pasta, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our restaurant. We have prided ourselves on the quality of our food for over 40 years. I am terribly sorry that your experience was not up to your, or our standard. I will take this opportunity to address consistency with the staff, and make sure your experience is not repeated. There is not an item on the menu we do not stand behind fully in terms of quality or value.