“Romantic Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Oakville, Ontario
“Romantic Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were able to get a table at this restaurant at very short notice, while on an overnight visit to North Bay. I was impressed with the warm welcome I received on the phone when I made the reservation and later when I arrived and asked for and received a lovely table by the window.

My husband enjoyed a mushroom soup for his appetizer and I had the Chet's salad which was scant and lacking in flavour. He had the prime rib, cooked to perfection and accompanied with mashed potatoes and really flavourful vegetables. I had the pan fried gnocchi and it was delicious. The crime brûlée was rich and creamy with the perfect crust on top. Overall it was a delicious meal.

I found the owner to be very warm and cordial. He greeted everyone and was chatty with those he knew as regular customers. Service was attentive, but not obtrusive. The restaurant is lovely, with a pianist playing a nice selection of music at just the perfect volume to set the mood but not impeded conversation. The place has a really cozy and romantic vibe to it and I know that if I lived in North Bay, I too would become a regular at this spot. We will be sure to return the next time we are in town.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Bay, Canada
“Grandson's Wedding Reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Was upstairs, food was very good, especially the Caesar Salad with home made dressing.Very well organized for groups.

Aurora, Canada
“Pickerel in a Prime Rib Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went there on business and it was my first time to Churchill's. The decor is like an old steak house. When I travel I try to eat more fish which may have been trouble at a "Rib House". The Pickerel was excellent! One of the best pickerel dishes I have ever had. Service was okay (a little slow that night).

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Temiskaming Shores, Canada
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Have been slightly disappointed in Churchill's in the past, but our recent experience here was wonderful. Lovely ambience with good but not superb service. Food was excellent other than the slightly stale cake which was locally made and I imagined that, when fresh, was delicious. We'll be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Bay, Ontario
“Churchill's Prime Rib House”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is good but you don't receive a filling plate. Their food is too overpriced. Too small a restaurant as well. Everyone seems to like it there except my husband and myself. Haven't been back there since. Why? The prices, not the food.

Visited November 2011