“Pickerel in a Prime Rib Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 142 Restaurants in North Bay
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Aurora, Canada
“Pickerel in a Prime Rib Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went there on business and it was my first time to Churchill's. The decor is like an old steak house. When I travel I try to eat more fish which may have been trouble at a "Rib House". The Pickerel was excellent! One of the best pickerel dishes I have ever had. Service was okay (a little slow that night).

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Temiskaming Shores, Canada
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Have been slightly disappointed in Churchill's in the past, but our recent experience here was wonderful. Lovely ambience with good but not superb service. Food was excellent other than the slightly stale cake which was locally made and I imagined that, when fresh, was delicious. We'll be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Bay, Ontario
“Churchill's Prime Rib House”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is good but you don't receive a filling plate. Their food is too overpriced. Too small a restaurant as well. Everyone seems to like it there except my husband and myself. Haven't been back there since. Why? The prices, not the food.

Visited November 2011
Montreal, Canada
“Best I had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Im from Montreal and my brother lives in north bay, I was visiting him this weekend and brought me to churchhills for supper. We were 10 people and we ate like champions. Seeing we were 10 eating I had a chance to see and taste many dishes, everything was great. I'm Italian and we know our food. I had a great night.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
“Not impressed by my last visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I am just getting around to posting a review of Churchills, I actually ate there last fall. The food was ok, which is why it gets two stars from me, but the experience was horrible, especially given the prices they charge. We ate there once years ago, but found the service very snobbish. There are a lot of regulars at Churchills, and if you're not one of them you really feel like the wallflower at the school dance. So although we enjoyed the food we vowed never to go back. Well for some reason we decided to give it a second chance - what a mistake! There will be no third chances. Not only was the atmosphere still snobbish, but the food had gone downhill, it wasn't horrible but it was just ok, not worth the prices charged. But the worst part was the cleanliness - a water glass had a fly floating in it at the beginning of the meal and a coffee cup had a lipstick mark on the rim at the end of the meal. Very gross! And as others have pointed out, the waitress reacted with giggles when it was pointed out and we were still charged for the coffee. And on top of everything, we were overcharged. My husband realized when we got home that he had been charged an extra $50, it was added on to the tip. He went back the next day and they fixed it, but still, for the prices they charge that was a horrible experience. if you want a nice meal in North Bay I recommend Farina's in the Best Western or the Kabuki House on Main St. W. The Ram's Head in Callendar is also nice, a short drive out of town.

• Visited November 2011