“Best place to stay in North Bay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 Seymour Street, North Bay, Ontario P1B 9V6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 25 hotels in North Bay
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best place to stay in North Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Several rooms were booked in advance for a family wedding in town August 24th - 27th. Most of us were in North Bay for the first time, also it was the first for some of us staying at a Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Check in was a breeze, our rooms were all clean and ready when we arrived. It was surely a pleasant experience, the staff at the front desk, those who worked on the floors as well as the dining room were all courteous. The refrigerator in one our rooms was not cooling properly, we called the front desk and by the time we returned to our room we had a working refrigerator. On Sunday another room was requested for a family member (staying at another hotel) who wanted to stay the last night with us was so graciously accommodated. Just want to say a great big "Thank You" for making our stay a memorable experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Derek J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We hope you all enjoyed your first visit to North Bay, we hope you will make us a regular stop in your travels from now on. We are happy to hear that your stay was smooth and effortless and we look forward to continuing to make your stays with us memorable ones.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ontario's Near North, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great stay! New hotel, great location clse to the mall, and major roads. Warm breakfast is a must for sports tourism. Staff was friendly and accommodating staff. Nice to have more upscale choices throughout northern Ontario.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for making us your choice when you travel to Northern Ontario, we look forward to your next stay.
Oakville, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting the area from Oakville, Ontario for two funerals within the last two years. Wife is a member of the loyalty points club. Like reading the local paper when I get up early to eat in their lounge for breakfast. Enjoy talking to the night auditor and breakfast server. Both are knowledgable of the local area and friendly in making small talk. Local Tim Horton's is within walking distance as I am a night owl!

Located close to Hwy. # 11 in the south end of town if you need to get out of town in a rush.

still manage to find things to do in town plus visiting friends of my wife as they all went to college together in the late 1970's.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Derek J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Happy to hear you have enjoyed all of your stays with us, it is great to see familiar faces return and thank you for taking the time to say hello to our night staff, they really do appreciate getting a chance to see our guests. Happy to hear you had some time to do some visiting while you were here. Hope to see you next time.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

My wide, son and I were here for one night and were very happy. The front desk person was happy and welcoming. Very clean and bright lobby. Clean hallways and rooms. Breakfast was great. Automatic pancake making machine kept my son amazed...well ok and me too. Food was very good and fresh. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thanks for staying with us, happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed your breakfast (i still get amazed at the pancake machine.)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I traveled here in May to see the university, and it was a great trip! It was a quiet hotel, and every time I used the pool there I was the only occupant! The rooms were great, and the beds were comfortable. Great location- the mall is across the street and there are restaurants nearby. There is also free breakfast. If I end up attending the university here, my mom says she will stay here every time she needs to pick me up/drop me off.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words, we are glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and we hope you enjoyed your time in North Bay. Our convenient location is definately something that our guests do talk about. Good luck with your education options, Nipissing is a fantastic choice and happy to hear you would stay again with us.
around the world
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Very comfortable and clean hotel with friendly staff, fair sized rooms, and decent breakfast included. What you would expect from a new Holiday Inn Express and definitely the hotel I will stay in for my next business trip to North Bay.
Easy to check in, enough parking, close to the highway (but still quiet inside) and close to a Tims. Even being on the first floor wasn't a privacy problem since the lower part of our room's window was covered by bushes outside the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here last weekend mostly to get away. It is on the more expensive side. But I guess here you trade the bang for your buck for a little more physical luxury. The bathroom was very nice and had very nice soaps with a light, kinda cinnamon scent unlike other plain hotel soaps that are irritating. We did find out that plenty of children were on our floor too! I'm glad to know they enjoyed themselves very thoroughly (or were being very fussy, It's hard to tell). At 7 AM on a Sunday though when we planned on getting a much deserved sleep-in... well that's an other story. Especially because we were looking forward to rest after two straight weeks of work. I have nothing against them, but I'm sure there could be a better way to separate those who want to actually sleep from those who can't wait to go to the pool.

Because we chose to sleep in, we were not able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, but they do have an all day hot beverage service near the lobby. I wanted to try it in the morning as it seemed very good but after pouring the beverages, I could only finding the, in my opinion, terrible coffee whitener (which I made the mistake of trying... I really didn't know what I was hoping for out of that), I had to throw 2 otherwise perfectly good drinks away. If they could make cream and milk available, I think that service would be quite fantastic! It's also pushing it, but maybe extending the breakfast on weekends to a little later than 10AM =) I know a lot of other places make their breakfast periods a little more permissive on weekends.

The staff were also very nice in accommodating a cake that I needed to store in their bigger fridge behind the front desk.

Overall, it was an okay stay. I was hoping that the premium I paid was going to contribute to a better stay, but didn't turn out to necessarily be the case. I hope the nice staff there are willing to continuously improve =) If so, I would certainly return on my next weekend off as it's a nice place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay? Share your experiences!