“Affordable and nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
“Affordable and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed there to attend graduation ceremony at Nippissing U. Clean, quiet, spacious room for the price. Close to downtown, and also not too far off highway. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
kapuskasing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

We just returned from a wonderful family vacation in Southern Ontario. We decided to break the trip up on our return, and spend a night in North Bay. I decided to book us a chalet at the Northern Suites hotel. When I researched the place on-line and spoke to the reservations clerk I was very anxious to see the place and relax in our chalet.
Upon our arrival, I was somewhat satisfied with the location. There was a large enough yard for our son to run around and it felt as secluded as you can get when you're downtown North Bay.
We entered the chalet quickly as our 1 &1/2 year old son had fallen asleep in the van. My husband quickly assembled the play pen and as our son was sleeping I began to look around the place................
I ignored the stains that covered the carpet and the cobwebs that filled the windows. I also ignored the clump of hair that I found on the bathroom floor. We were so tired that we decided to relax on the couch and wind down.
Later that night as my husband was bathing our son in the in-room Jaccuzzi, we noticed a pile of bugs surrounding the tub. I decided to inform the front desk clerk of our displeasure and advised her that I'd be there in the morning to make a formal complaint.
As we were putting our son to bed we also noted a pile of bugs in the lampshade above our bed.
We also weren't able to use the BBQ since that too was filled with cobwebs.
It looked as though no one had bothered to go the extra mile and actually clean the place for us.
When we spoke with the staff regarding our displeasure of the state of the room, we were given a reduced rate, but still WAY too overpriced for what we were given.
This was not our first time "camping". We're used to "roughing" it, but at the price we paid for this chalet, I would not suggest this place to anyone, we were so frustrated with the shape of the room, it really put a damper on what we had pictured our "day at the chalet" to be like.

• Liked — nothing positive to say on this matter
  • Disliked — the cleanliness and fairness of dealing with general manager.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lakeshore Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lakeshore Suites

Address: 710 Lakeshore Dr., North Bay, Ontario P1A 2G4, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Northeastern Ontario > North Bay
Free Parking Kitchenette
Ranked #8 of 26 hotels in North Bay
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Lakeshore Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lakeshore Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Northern Hotel North Bay
Lakeshore Suites North Bay, Ontario

If you own or manage Lakeshore Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.