“A nice room in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Lakeshore Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   710 Lakeshore Dr., North Bay, Ontario P1A 2G4, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Toronto, Canada
“A nice room in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Though the outside looks like a well kept motel, the rooms - which are reasonably priced - are well laid out, clean and very comfortable. They seem to want to cater to a business clientele and I can see why longer stays at this place would be attractive.

Memory foam mattress and pillows meant a great night's sleep. Good wifi reception. Modern bathroom and basic kitchenette. Comfy workspace!

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recently stayed there for a short, one night stay. I had already stayed at the Holiday Inn Express before and knew it was good and modern, but pricey! So I decided to look around. I found this place thanks to reviews online and decided to book it. I love the fact that you can rent your own little cabin... It feels like your very own apartment or cottage, complete with little porch, kitchen with basic necessities (including a toaster, utensils, a couple pots, a couple dish rags and dish soap...), kitchen table, armoire, two mini fridges, TV, chaise, and bed. No tub but that didn't bother me any. There was even a trampoline outside our cabin, I was almost tempted to try it out. Seeing as it's a private cabin, it smelled slightly "enclosed" but they had a scent plug-in as a remedy to that. Minor issue, summers get damp and hot and it's hard to prevent in an enclosed space like that. I would just remove the carpet to help with that issue. Apart from being a bit dated and needing a bit of an aesthetic makeover (pink and purple walls, red and green carpet, floral bedspread, kitchen table was kind of scratched up) it was just what I expected and needed and for a great price. The essential was there and that's what's important (Clean place to spend the night, rest my head, get cleaned up... Free wifi, black-out curtains and nicely folded face cloths to boot). It was a very hot humid day, and I was very relieved that the air conditioning was on when I got in the cabin. As for at the front desk, I was greeted warmly. I was tired and not thinking, I parked far from my cabin. The lovely woman that was there to greet me at the front desk came outside and told me I could park right next to my cabin. How convenient! Also, there was no hair dryer in the room (another minor flaw) but I called (early, around 6:15 am) to get one and she came right to my door with one. The bed wasn't uncomfortable but I think I'm used to softer. Everyone has their personal preference as far as mattresses go so take that with a big grain of salt! You can't please everyone when it comes to mattresses. To sum it up, if I need to spend another night in North Bay, I would more than likely stay there again and I will recommend this place to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

stayed there for 2 weeks, the owners work there so they will give you extra attention and it shows they care about there buisiness. They are supper friendly and will do the extra mille to accommodate you. IF your a runner, you will enjoy running in Premier Street, from the hotel it is a 5Km run.

The rooms are nice and loved the real fire place. THe rooms have micro wave, sink, AC.

Stayed May 2013
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here for two months between Arpil and June and it was a lovely stay. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the fireplace is a very nice touch. This is a great value.

It is also well located down the street from a 24 hour Metro grocery store and Tim Horton's. The owners were a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New Liskeard, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

BUT, there was a noise from the next room that sounded like a boiler or other machine turning on and off and thumping and banging all night. The staff was alerted around 1 a.m. and they were on the problem immediately. They had indeed put us in a suite beside a utility room and rather than offer us another room(the place was empty), the maintenance man "fixed" the noise. NOT! No sooner had he fixed it and left, the noise started again. My wife and I tried to tolerate it but around 2:30 they were called again and by then we were too tired to move so we ended up falling asleep due to exhaustion more than anything. The place was clean, the beds were comfortable, the price was very good due to time of year, but I was there to sleep, not wait for staff to fix a problem in the wee hours of the morning. I'm very sick and it was very cold out or I would have demanded another suite but you'd think they would have known to offer us another room rather than have to ask for the obvious. I mentioned it when checking out and all we received was an apology and a thanks for staying. They could have done better especially since the place was empty all but for maybe 2 other guests and there's two different sets of suites.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't put you beside any maintenance rooms if you're interested in sleeping.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here in October and was pleasantly surprised by this motel. The front desk clerk immediately upgraded us without us requesting it. The hotel was not busy so he gave us better value for our dollar, a smart business move. The room was recently renovated, had a living room area, small kitchenette and wonderful gas fireplace. You were very close to the water, just one street back and just down the road was an excellent irish pub serving authentic "Buffalo style" chicken wings. I would definitely look into staying here again if in the North Bay area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Killaloe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you are wanting a clean, comfortable, quiet, nicely decorated, and conveniently located motel in the city of North Bay, Ontario, Canada, I highly recommend Lakeshore Suites. I have been staying here periodically over the past three years, and always leave feeling rested. The owners are a lovely, friendly couple who live on-site. I feel very safe with the 24-hr. monitoring. I can walk a few blocks down the street and be on the beautiful shoreline of Lake Nipissing at Silver Birch Park. A number of grocery and convenience stores, restaurants, laundromat, fast-food places are located nearby as well. The kitchenette is well-equipped with microwave, coffee machine and coffee, refrigerator, basic dishes and utensils, dish soap and towels. There is a flat screen TV, internet, heat lamp in bathroom, jacuzzi suites (if you like to soak in one of these), great shower. Can't ask for more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lakeshore Suites? Share your experiences!