“Great Value for your Money” 3 of 5 stars

Bay Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4335 Highway 11 N, North Bay, Ontario P1B 8G3, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Iroquois Falls
“Great Value for your Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation on Booking.com. We were looking for a place under 100$ on the way home from Toronto. Being a small business owner myself I always try to find these 'Mom and Pop' type of oporations...more often then not I am pleasently surprised, as I was this evening!

Check in was a breeze, even with a late arrival! The owner was on hand with a quick rattle of the door and eager to serve. A very pleasant gentleman who was even good enough to provide me with a bag of ice when inquired as to whether or not there was an ice machine....a cold beer after a long drive is always nice :). The room though basic is well equiped and has been offered some recent tender loving care. It appears there was a new flat screen television, new washroom fixtures and ceramic floor, new bed linens, and new draperies all topped off with a fresh coat of paint. Its amazing how the small esthetic things can affect your perception! Beds are very comfortable and the staellite tv was nice to unwind with. The bathrrom could have been better satocked with some conditioner and a second travel sized bar of soap but I understand these things cost money :). All in all this place far exceeded my expectations! I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a clean, renovated, comfortable and welcoming place to stay. To the owners, you deserve recognition! A small business in the north is a hard go and you folks are doing an excellent job! Keep up the good work, looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Rajen D, Owner at Bay Motel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our business.

We appreciate your kind words about our motel. We work hard to make sure that each guest enjoys their stay at the Bay Motel. We have recently renovated our rooms and are continuing to make improvements.

We would love to have you stay with us again on your next trip in the area.

Rajen Dholakia
Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The rooms were so unique. A Clean, comfy motel to bring the family. They were very friendly at check in and very helpful. It was located right off of Highway 11 close to North Bay. Good location! Loved our in room LCD TV.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rajen D, Owner at Bay Motel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I am thankful to you for your generous review. I am very pleased to know that you loved the place. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to North Bay. Thanks again.
Hearst, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Clean, beds comfy, price good. Would stay again. Owner very friendly and accommodating. Very quiet. Would be nice if continental breakfast but close enough to town to go to Tim Horton's lol. Cleaniless great considering age of motel. Its not to be expected to be a large name hotel. Cost was great.

Room Tip: Recommend.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rajen D, Owner at Bay Motel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thanks for your time reviewing our motel. We assure you the same clean and comfortable room at the same good price each and every time you stay at our place.
North Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The beds were so comfy. After driving all day, it was just what we needed. I stayed at the Bay Motel with my family as we were passing through the area, We stayed in a room which seemed to be newly renovated.

It was in great condition and I was surprised that they even have LCD TVs in the room. It was a great price for the amenities they offered.

My Family and I drive up to Canada every year, and will be definitely returning to Bay Motel.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated ones
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Timmins, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Horrible.

Rolled in later in the night paid the price for nastiness. Requested a look at the room before staying (smelled like lysol). By 1/2 through the night - bathroom smelled like onions & death. The mold and mildew and horrible stench. OMG. Don't go there. In the morning when wanting to use the bathroom - both gagged, got sick and shut the door. At 6 am, we were at the local Tim Horton's to brush our teeth and do our business. This place is disgusting. We are reporting this place. It's a heath hazard and there is no excuse for this. Roach motel. Disgusting. Seriously. I've already and sent memos out to everyone I know about this place. If you see good reviews on this site - false. This place is not worth the price you pay. Sick. My husband and I were sick for three days following a stay at a place where we could not even use the bathroom. After examining the bedsheets..........hmmmmm DON'T DO IT! It's gross. Go down the street to the next place......well worth the money and you won't be going to the health unit. Freakin pigs at this place.....it needs to be reported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the place.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rajen D, Owner at Bay Motel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear MsHunter,

I am truely sorry for the inconvinience caused to you during your last stay at our hotel.

Our mission and vision is to provide best satisfaction to our customers hence review of the guests like you certainly give us opportunity to correct the situation where ever it is required. We have corrected all the problems you have discussed in your review. Our rooms and bath rooms are renovated top-to-bottom. When you will visit our motel, you will find all the rooms spotlessly clean, beautifully remodeled with new furniture and flat screen TVs.

Assuring of our best service,

Rajen Dholakia,
Owner, Bay Motel
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Loved staying there! My husband and I stayed in room number 6 and were really impressed with the huge flat screen TV as soon as we entered the room! We also had great sleep that night as the mattress and pillows were perfect quality. The area is also very calm and serene. We went for a morning walk with our dog, and really enjoyed the fresh air! Since we have decided to choose North Bay for our yearly vacation place, we're sure to choose the Bay Motel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I really like this property. I saw their advertisement in the phonebook and decided to make a reservation. I travelled with my family as we were coming to North Bay for a family gathering.

The room was Great. Very Clean and the beds were "really Comfy". It was close to town which was perfect. The staff were friendly. Best of all, we got a pretty good deal.

Will recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bay Motel? Share your experiences!