“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Hearst, Canada
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Clean, beds comfy, price good. Would stay again. Owner very friendly and accommodating. Very quiet. Would be nice if continental breakfast but close enough to town to go to Tim Horton's lol. Cleaniless great considering age of motel. Its not to be expected to be a large name hotel. Cost was great.

Room Tip: Recommend.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Deb700
Rajen D, Owner at Bay Motel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks for your time reviewing our motel. We assure you the same clean and comfortable room at the same good price each and every time you stay at our place.

North Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The beds were so comfy. After driving all day, it was just what we needed. I stayed at the Bay Motel with my family as we were passing through the area, We stayed in a room which seemed to be newly renovated.

It was in great condition and I was surprised that they even have LCD TVs in the room. It was a great price for the amenities they offered.

My Family and I drive up to Canada every year, and will be definitely returning to Bay Motel.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated ones
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shawn C
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Horrible.

Rolled in later in the night paid the price for nastiness. Requested a look at the room before staying (smelled like lysol). By 1/2 through the night - bathroom smelled like onions & death. The mold and mildew and horrible stench. OMG. Don't go there. In the morning when wanting to use the bathroom - both gagged, got sick and shut the door. At 6 am, we were at the local Tim Horton's to brush our teeth and do our business. This place is disgusting. We are reporting this place. It's a heath hazard and there is no excuse for this. Roach motel. Disgusting. Seriously. I've already and sent memos out to everyone I know about this place. If you see good reviews on this site - false. This place is not worth the price you pay. Sick. My husband and I were sick for three days following a stay at a place where we could not even use the bathroom. After examining the bedsheets..........hmmmmm DON'T DO IT! It's gross. Go down the street to the next place......well worth the money and you won't be going to the health unit. Freakin pigs at this place.....it needs to be reported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the place.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MsHunter
Rajen D, Owner at Bay Motel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear MsHunter,

I am truely sorry for the inconvinience caused to you during your last stay at our hotel.

Our mission and vision is to provide best satisfaction to our customers hence review of the guests like you certainly give us opportunity to correct the situation where ever it is required. We have corrected all the problems you have discussed in your review. Our rooms and bath rooms are renovated top-to-bottom. When you will visit our motel, you will find all the rooms spotlessly clean, beautifully remodeled with new furniture and flat screen TVs.

Assuring of our best service,

Rajen Dholakia,
Owner, Bay Motel

Travelers are raving about these North Bay hotels

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Loved staying there! My husband and I stayed in room number 6 and were really impressed with the huge flat screen TV as soon as we entered the room! We also had great sleep that night as the mattress and pillows were perfect quality. The area is also very calm and serene. We went for a morning walk with our dog, and really enjoyed the fresh air! Since we have decided to choose North Bay for our yearly vacation place, we're sure to choose the Bay Motel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I really like this property. I saw their advertisement in the phonebook and decided to make a reservation. I travelled with my family as we were coming to North Bay for a family gathering.

The room was Great. Very Clean and the beds were "really Comfy". It was close to town which was perfect. The staff were friendly. Best of all, we got a pretty good deal.

Will recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sudbury, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

it was the worst experience of our lives we stayed there 1 week and I refuse to shower, the service was terrible. they should condem the motel.very unsanitary, discusting.
you'll be sorry if you stay there.
as far as I'm concern they should pay people for staying there.
pics you see on there web site is not at all what you get.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank mistymorning26
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed at the Bay motel in april of this year. We were in town for my son's band tournament. We decided to stay at the Bay because it was recommended to us by a freind. He told us they had clean n comfortable rooms at a good price. He was absolutely right! The room was spacious enough for the 3 of us, and the beds were comfy and cozy.

The gentlemen in the office was welcoming and freindly. His ofiice was nicely decorated in a budhist style.

The place is located on highway 11 N a few minutes from town so it was nice and quiet and peaceful. I liked how the room had all the extras that we wanted. They had a fridge, microwave and even a coffee maker. They even offered free high speed wi-fi. It was too bad i left my laptop at home. im bringing it for sure the next time. I definitely did not expect all this for under 70 bucks a night.

We usually visit north bay quite a few times a year. Before we used to stay at the comfort inn paying over 100 bucks a night, but i am so glad i took my freind's advice and stayed at the Bay. Wold recommend

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family